I need help choosing the right meals to eat daily?

Options
I need an example of a meal plan that I can follow daily. I hate grocery shopping b/c everything in the store is always high in Fat or something I should not be eating. I feel like I am starving myself just to lose this weight. Please HELP:(

Replies

• lisapooh1
    lisapooh1 Posts: 90
    Options
    How many calories?
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary -- it's open.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid the middle of the grocery store. If you stay on the outter edge, where the fresh fruits and veggies and the meats are, you should be fine.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    No one can do this for you. Sounds like you are Making excuses and don't want to do the work you need too.
    There are so many sites on the web that have recipes for healthy eating. Just google healthy recipes. Choose things you like.
  • madforplaid
    madforplaid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not sure it's a complete help, but I have stopped shopping the middle aisles of the grocery store. I am now only allowed around the outside walls! (meaning I hit the fruit/veg, the meat, the bulk grains - in most large stores, and the dairy, missing the processed products in the middle). Only one real problem with this plan: the bakery is also on the outside walls of most grocery stores.

If I need something from the middle aisles (condiment-wise, for example), I make a special trip to the store and do not buy anything else. My willpower is low, I need to trick it anyway i can.
  • jen_marie_1976
    Options
    hello ! feel free to add me as a friend....you can take a look at my foods i eat. there pretty much the same thing everyday, i need to find more options...now when i shop i buy fat free...i have found all kinds of foods that are fat free and low calories.. i am shopping this weekend to find more foods that are good to eat and low in calories....i have never ate fruit..ever....now i eat fruit, and its filling...there are somethings i have bought that taste just horrible, but i still eat it and they fill me up.....im not a breakfast person, so around 9:30-10:00am i will measure my fruit and eat that with my water, lunch...i will eat a sandwich either turkey or ham with fat free chesse(which taste the same as reg. cheese). mustard..since there are NO calories in mustard...pickles..i dont really like, but there are NO calories in them...I bought special K chips, which are so so so good..i have pretzels..51 pieces=110 calories...i dip them in mustard..sounds gross but its really good....i can email you a full list of everything i buy and have found in the stores that is god to eat..just let me know..
  • madforplaid
    madforplaid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid the middle of the grocery store. If you stay on the outter edge, where the fresh fruits and veggies and the meats are, you should be fine.

exactly!
  • wanabfit33
    Options
    Check out my blog for my meal plan!!!
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    well first what do you like to eat? and second do you have any restrictions (i.e diabetic so sugar is a issue or high blood pressure so sodium is an issue)? the reason i ask is b/c there is no one meal plan to follow there is no "perfect" food like you said if its fat free then it may be high in sugar. so i would say start out by assessing the things that you eat or like to eat rather and find healthy alternatives. what i did was started with things i already ate that were not bad foods and i added more of them. for instance i am a Carb lover but i know that carbs breakdown into sugar so instead of having a bagel for breakfast i switched to oatmeal or whole grain wheat toast still get the carbs but less of them and on the plus side less calories, and the whole grains keep you full longer and help the digestive system. so it really all depends on you and what you like. be sure to incorporate fruit, and veggies at any given opportunity. if you like to snack eat fruit instead of candy or cookies ( my personal favorite). now keep in mind not to deprive yourself of anything also b/c that will lead to a moment of weakness that can undo all your hard work. so if you are really craving that ice cream or twix or whatever have it just make sure you limit the portion and work it off with exercise later in that day.

well i hope this helps, be sure to add me as a friend if you want.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I find meal plans too limiting. There's always something that I don't like and will substitute something else. Shopping the outer edge of the grocery store is a good idea. Open yourself up to new ideas, foods and recipies, then create one of your own. There are many sites that offer lower calorie recipies. Take a little time and research. Don't give up.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make a huge bowl of brown rice, which takes a while to cook, and keep it in the fridge for days. Then I can quickly cook up things to eat with it in the evenings after work. One night it might be shrimp and broccoli stir fry. The next it might be spicy black beans with pepper and onions. Thinly sliced beef and mushrooms. The possibilities are endless. Just think about what you are really craving and go from there. Even if it's something unhealthy, you can probably make a healthier version of it by switching any white breads/rice/noodles to whole grain, using leaner meats or beans instead of meat., and adding more vegetables. Craving pizza? Get a whole grain crust, some low fat cheese, and make a veggie pizza. Craving steak and potatoes. Buy a small lean steak and substitute mashed cauliflower for the potato. Meals can really be pretty simple if you just think about having some type of lean/low fat protein, a whole grain and plenty of veggies for each meal.
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    It also depends on if you are cooking for others. It's just me and my husband and he fends for himself for breakfast and lunch but we pretty much eat the same food since I don't buy separate food for him or myself.
    Ideal PLan for me is -
    Breakfast - a piece of fruit and either some greek yogurt on cereal or a half a tuna, egg salad or turkey sandwich (most days)
    Lunch - sandwich I bring with me, or a Kettle Cuisine Gluten free soup (from my freezer isle), or salad that I bring
    Snacks at work - wasa crackers, with peanut butter (measured out)) or string cheese, fruit,
    Dinner - some meat/fish item always with salad, always with a veggies - about 1/x per week we will split a baked potato or maybe have whole wheat pasta

You can tell by my diary I don't always stick to this but this is our goal anyway :P
    Good luck
  • Christiana24
    Options
    I eat about 1,500 calories daily. It's always hard b/c I go over on my Sugar intake. Thanks Juliebean_1027. i will look at it for Help. I really Appreciate it:)
  • Christiana24
    Options

I will do so this Friday. Thanks for your suggestion:)
  • Christiana24
    Options
    No one can do this for you. Sounds like you are Making excuses and don't want to do the work you need too.
    There are so many sites on the web that have recipes for healthy eating. Just google healthy recipes. Choose things you like.

I appreciate your honesty. Trust me. I'm ready to do all I can to lose this weight. I have tried Google meals, receipes, etc. I am not into doing these fancy dancy meals and they can get pretty expensive. A sample meal as a Turkey Sandwich with Side Salad, fruit and water sounds like my ideal meal everyday. I would like ideas as to what else i can eat without blowing my grocery budget. Thanks again.
  • Christiana24
    Options
    Not sure it's a complete help, but I have stopped shopping the middle aisles of the grocery store. I am now only allowed around the outside walls! (meaning I hit the fruit/veg, the meat, the bulk grains - in most large stores, and the dairy, missing the processed products in the middle). Only one real problem with this plan: the bakery is also on the outside walls of most grocery stores.

If I need something from the middle aisles (condiment-wise, for example), I make a special trip to the store and do not buy anything else. My willpower is low, I need to trick it anyway i can.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will start doing this on Friday when I go grocery shopping. I like to snack alot and I am now replacing my snacks with fruits or carrots. I really appreciate your advice:) Thank you.
  • Christiana24
    Options
    hello ! feel free to add me as a friend....you can take a look at my foods i eat. there pretty much the same thing everyday, i need to find more options...now when i shop i buy fat free...i have found all kinds of foods that are fat free and low calories.. i am shopping this weekend to find more foods that are good to eat and low in calories....i have never ate fruit..ever....now i eat fruit, and its filling...there are somethings i have bought that taste just horrible, but i still eat it and they fill me up.....im not a breakfast person, so around 9:30-10:00am i will measure my fruit and eat that with my water, lunch...i will eat a sandwich either turkey or ham with fat free chesse(which taste the same as reg. cheese). mustard..since there are NO calories in mustard...pickles..i dont really like, but there are NO calories in them...I bought special K chips, which are so so so good..i have pretzels..51 pieces=110 calories...i dip them in mustard..sounds gross but its really good....i can email you a full list of everything i buy and have found in the stores that is god to eat..just let me know..

You are a life saver. I am soo.....happy and appreciative that you can give me more foods to eat that I did not think of. Like prezels. I thought since they had alot of salt around them, I counldn't eat them. But I just sent you a Friend Request. and yes please email me a list of your foods you have found. This is a great start for me. And you just don;t know how happy I am now to know I have help. Thank you
  • Christiana24
    Options
    It also depends on if you are cooking for others. It's just me and my husband and he fends for himself for breakfast and lunch but we pretty much eat the same food since I don't buy separate food for him or myself.
    Ideal PLan for me is -
    Breakfast - a piece of fruit and either some greek yogurt on cereal or a half a tuna, egg salad or turkey sandwich (most days)
    Lunch - sandwich I bring with me, or a Kettle Cuisine Gluten free soup (from my freezer isle), or salad that I bring
    Snacks at work - wasa crackers, with peanut butter (measured out)) or string cheese, fruit,
    Dinner - some meat/fish item always with salad, always with a veggies - about 1/x per week we will split a baked potato or maybe have whole wheat pasta

You can tell by my diary I don't always stick to this but this is our goal anyway :P
    Good luck

Thank you for taking time responding to my post. this helps alot. The meal plan provided sounds good. my goal is 1,500 calories a day. I will be happy to try the Wasa crackers. I guess a salad with everything isnt as bad as I thought. Thanks again for your help:)
  • Christiana24
    Options
    well first what do you like to eat? and second do you have any restrictions (i.e diabetic so sugar is a issue or high blood pressure so sodium is an issue)? the reason i ask is b/c there is no one meal plan to follow there is no "perfect" food like you said if its fat free then it may be high in sugar. so i would say start out by assessing the things that you eat or like to eat rather and find healthy alternatives. what i did was started with things i already ate that were not bad foods and i added more of them. for instance i am a Carb lover but i know that carbs breakdown into sugar so instead of having a bagel for breakfast i switched to oatmeal or whole grain wheat toast still get the carbs but less of them and on the plus side less calories, and the whole grains keep you full longer and help the digestive system. so it really all depends on you and what you like. be sure to incorporate fruit, and veggies at any given opportunity. if you like to snack eat fruit instead of candy or cookies ( my personal favorite). now keep in mind not to deprive yourself of anything also b/c that will lead to a moment of weakness that can undo all your hard work. so if you are really craving that ice cream or twix or whatever have it just make sure you limit the portion and work it off with exercise later in that day.

well i hope this helps, be sure to add me as a friend if you want.

I am a Carb lover too. Bread, Pasta, Rice, especially. I have switch all my pastas & bread to Whole Wheat. I exercise at least 5-6x a week. I need to eat more veggies and fruit is what I lack the most of. I agreed with you 100% that every meal plan is not perfect but depends on the individual. I will definately add you as my Friend. You have provided me with some knowledge on my life changing goals:) I appreciate it.:)
  • Christiana24
    Options
    I find meal plans too limiting. There's always something that I don't like and will substitute something else. Shopping the outer edge of the grocery store is a good idea. Open yourself up to new ideas, foods and recipies, then create one of your own. There are many sites that offer lower calorie recipies. Take a little time and research. Don't give up.

Thank you. i will use these ideas to my advantage. I should me more open minding with foods and not only eat it because it does not taste good but because it will help me thru my journey. Thanks Sweetie:)