confusion to a whole new level

Options
Hey all. I'm a 23 year old mom of two little monsters and looking to lose about 30-40 lbs and build some strength. I've never really been healthy up until now and am finding it extremely hard to stick to "eating healthy". Any sort of motivation and words of wisdom are welcomed! Feel free to add

Replies

• Mystral
    Mystral Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Create an inspiration stack towards getting healthy and expand your reasons beyond yourself. (Ex. Look good in a bathing suit, have more energy, feel better, keep up w my kids, be a healthy role model for my kids, feel more confidant, so i can do that adventure ive always wanted to but never thought i could, so i can be more effective mentally at work, so i can feel more engaged in the world, so i can be more confidant, so i can be a confidant role model to my kids, etc, etc...) Whatever makes sense to you... Write it all down in a journal or on sticky notes to post on your mirror. When you remind yourself multiple times a day why you want to be healthy, why you have to be healthy, why you must be healthy it will help keep you motivated.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    How do you define "healthy"...many people have an incredibly narrow perspective on "healthy" which makes thing unduly hard.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You just need to eat in a calorie deficit to lose weight
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40 something year old mom of two little boys that lost 30 lbs and am now maintaining. Rather than restricting myself to only healthy foods or cutting things out that I enjoyed, I focused on adding things to my diet: more lean protein, more vegetables, more whole grains, more exercise, more sleep. I still eat pizza, ice cream, and drink wine. I log everything and find ways to fit in the foods I love as part of an overall healthy diet.
  • mindylise
    mindylise Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 with 3 little boys and have found it extremely difficult as well however I found what works for me. I have lost 24lbs since may 30th and honestly amnot doing much different just using the system :)