Stopping emotional eating

Options
13»

Replies

• viola343
    viola343 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    emotional eating when i was bored, angry and hated my job...and of course i justified it...oh i'll be okay...oh i'll excercise...i'm hoping to have more boundary with myself...spend the money and do what will take care of my body...so yea maybe in 2 months i'll lose the weight...but best practicess...don't allow yourself...opt for a more exspensive food...nuts, fruits, legumes and water... i satisfied with those items...i just have to push away the voices in my head that thinks i should think differently.
  • viola343
    Options
    To be honest... those voices in my head made me allow myself too much....this created self-loathe. I was no longer eating for me but for the voices in my head...well i'm taking power back and not listening.... so i'm pledging to myself, i'm staying away from cookies, chips and sugar, cereal for a 5 year period...i believe i lost a little bit of myself from compulsive eating of these food...Plan attack....try to stick with the food that your instincts(body image..how i want to look.. is comfortable with, not what the voices says that you should eat...i still feel teether tother about my eating plan but i will keep fighting to keep my menu/diet. I need to ask myself...viola are you okay with this food? you know a continous eating of these food will increase your body weight...

• viola343
    Options
    Good morning everybody...how is everybody doing...i went to the gym today and i did more training than i would like. There are times when training and or lifting weight can make me feel so down.....one reason being is that my body is prone to adding muscle weight or gaining fat...these is the opposite of my intention of working out...I know most people that train hard tend to eat smart....that i don't know if I can do...In the past, i've trained and gained weight...so i know i'm sticking back to my plan of aerobics such as running, walking, hiking...maybe a little weight training here and there...so that i can learn to maintain my eating habits and my weight...writing out my emotions so that i don't eat it or wear it all day...so heres the plain: i probably wouldnt train again unil next week...this time low to moderate circuit....with continious aerobics....can this keep my hunger harmones done? Can this stop my ravishing metabolism from lifting weight and fat burning?....this is why i don't like the gym industry....they make you more fat...and even more depressed....so what can i do for myself....i need to have boundaries with myself and stick to what works for me....i need to keep my metabolism in check.... what do you all think?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking "overthinking". Do the kinds of exercise that makes you feel good. Don't worry about weight gain from exercise if it's water and/or muscle (and you really can't tell for sure, apart from obvious signs like how clothes fit and how you look in the mirror) and not fat because exercising makes you eat more than you burn. Exercise usually regulates appetite, so that you tend to eat more in line with your physical needs. You will get more hungry from exercise, but not to the extent that it cancels out the expenditure. "Rewarding" yourself for exercising is something else completely. Don't stay away from exercise for those reasons - instead find exercise that is good for you. It doesn't have to be in a gym. You can walk, or run, or climb trees, or play with your dog, or dance, or do yoga, or all of them. Don't overdo it, but don't stop.
  • viola343
    Options
    Thanks...i'm not..i think what i'm learning to do is to plan ahead...and watch out for those fight or flight days when my emotions are at intensity...
  • dreadliftss
    dreadliftss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've stopped emotional eating when I've started intermittent fasting. I was overeating junk food between meals, but now I eat 2 big meals a day (around 12am and 8pm) and that's all.

Oh wow, do you snack in between? That seems like such a long time/odd hours... I work shift work and would have no problem on my overnights but because I work days sometimes it's hard :(

• dreadliftss
    dreadliftss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I find that I start my day with the best intensions but if I get overwhelmed it all goes out the window :(
  • viola343
    Options
    I find that I start my day with the best intensions but if I get overwhelmed it all goes out the window :(
    I know what you mean...when your intention does not really add up...I will say, look for what you did right...I'm sure in the whole day of guilt and fraustration you did something correctly or that was on your plan of eating... Always get back on plan.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Good intentions means nothing - speaking from experience here. Planning and knowing own needs, weaknesses and strengths is much better.
  • viola343
    Options
    I know what you mean...when your intention does not really add up...I will say, look for what you did right...I'm sure in the whole day of guilt and fraustration you did something correctly or that was on your plan of eating... Always get back on plan.
  • gwynethsomeday
    gwynethsomeday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    viola343 wrote: »
    plan#4
    distract yourself, think of something else, like going for long walks with plenty of distractions for my soul.

Love the "distractions for my soul". :)

Fresh air and a nice walk can work wonders. I really hope you work through this.
  • viola343
    Options
    I tend to feel guiltly when i snack at the stores...somedays it seems good to snack and i don't feel that guilt but other days, the guilt just wears on me...sometimes its because i get in rountine of eating the same snack...you know how a snack is working for you at the moment...sometimes its because i'm running to food for comfort...why? well i'm already am feeling guilty from other factors. anyways, what do i tell myself...well today i felt guilty after deciding to go tot he store to get roasted peas...i've been eating them for the past couple of days...they were my go to food for comfort/nourishment...Also i debate between eating nuts or snacking on roasted peas...my goal is to find a food that works for me, that keeps me satisfied and does not bring that point of heavy guilt...I'm going to go for a walk to help take my mind off it.
  • viola343
    Options
    i think family and friends voices can at times cause the guilt...they like to keep me accountable. this at times can be overwhelming.

• viola343
    Options
    their voice can sometimes cause fear and guilt...keep fighting back i tell myself.