I need some low calorie recipes

Options
jlm3622016
jlm3622016 Posts: 6 Member
I need some low calorie recipes FOr chicken thighs FOr dinner. And what could I make on the side? Im so new at this healthy eating lifestyle

Replies

• SianOdell
    SianOdell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    a great site for recipes is this http://www.skinnytaste.com/. For a side dish i love this recipe http://www.skinnytaste.com/southwestern-black-bean-salad/ but without avocado (I don't like avocado and it lessens the calories). There are so many good recipes there to suit any diet all calorie counted :) There r so many great recipes there.
  • fattyclatter
    fattyclatter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Grill them or place them on a wire rack over a baking tray and roast them in the oven.

You could serve them with homemade coleslaw but instead of using mayo, use half fat sour cream or fat free Greek yogurt. Or serve them with a baked potato or brown rice.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Grill them or place them on a wire rack over a baking tray and roast them in the oven.

You could serve them with homemade coleslaw but instead of using mayo, use half fat sour cream or fat free Greek yogurt. Or serve them with a baked potato or brown rice.

This!
    I would make the coleslaw w fat free sour cream, add a tablespoon of vinegar too gives it a nice tang.

You can always season chicken w salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder, oregano and lemon, so good.

• thequietesthush
    thequietesthush Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You could bake them in a sweet chilli sauce (homemade) - use garlic, chilli (sauce or powder), a little bit of honey, and a little bit of olive oil and then just serve them with some baked veg, really delicious
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    as a general statement, soup is a brilliant way to create a healthy, satisfying meal.
    I love it. I get a hearty meal, I feel like I'm getting a big meal, and even if your recipe has little sneaks of fat (cook in a bit of butter/add a splash of cream etc.) as long as you're mindful the overall effect isn't massive.
    I don't eat meat, so I don't have recipes for you, but I'm telling you, soup is king!!