Anyone living scale free?

Options
I decided to get rid of my scales. I tend to forget that muscle weighs more than fat and I become focused on the numbers instead of how I feel.

I weigh myself once a month...

Anyone else?

Replies

• SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Please tell me how you do this LOL...I can't help but to weigh myself each morning :tongue:
  • goodcm
    goodcm Posts: 1
    Options
    i am doing the same thing but I haven't decided if I will even weight once a month as long as i am tracking my workouts, my food, and I am happy in the cloths that I wear. I am lifting twice a week so I don't want to get discouraged. hang in there!
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    I didn't get rid of it, but I don't weight myself everyday. I know do it every other week and even forget sometimes. I am going with my clothes and how they fit ;)
  • jacs2806
    jacs2806 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm ready to throw mine out just out of pure frustration!
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    Here, Here. I don't own a scale.... but i'll check in for my own curiosity at friends places, gyms, doctor offices. It's not about the weight! It's about the inch change! If you work hard to obtain the skills, the hard body will follow suit!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i'm always trying to get rid of it but i cant break myself away from it....as of today ive been off the scale for 8 days and counting. its really hard tho!!
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have and I feel saner. Once a month I get my body fat % checked at the gym.
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Options
    I only weigh once a fortnight, i dont have scales at home, i get a bit obsessed if i do so i binned them after a few weeks on MFP. I go to a weigh house in the local market and get weighed there, see better results after a couple of weeks too. i could never weigh everyday, i dont see the point to be honest xx
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    There are days when I think "this F'n scale is a piece of crap and I should toss it out". Then I remember that when I don't weigh myself on a regular basis, the weight starts to creep on without me noticing and VOILA here I am again. Maybe the day will come when I don't need to have around, but that day isn't here yet.
  • sinsaria
    sinsaria Posts: 30
    Options
    It can be really hard because we put so much importance on how "heavy" we are! I weigh more now than I ever have and I feel great! Knowing that the extra pounds are calorie burning muscle makes it a bit easier!!!

Getting used to "feeling" your weight can be hard, but trust me, it is liberating to not be chained to that little square of self hatred!
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    Weight ain't nothing but a number.... LOL
  • crunchygirl
    Options
    Me!
    I asked my husband to hide mine and only get it out 1-2 times a month. It has helped me a lot!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself hardly ever. I don't care what the scales say as much as I care about my health and how I look and feel.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have not been weighing and I LOVE IT! I plan to only weigh myself monthly, I become obsessed with the number instead of just focusing on being healthy.