Paleo at Panera

Options
clala82
clala82 Posts: 90 Member
I'm going to Panera for lunch with co-workers and I'm trying to plan ahead to eat a paleo friendly lunch at a place that specializes in bread. Heck, it's in the name! Anyway, I was thinking of getting a bowl of soup (one without noodles, rice, or potatoes) and a salad with protein on it (no croutons). Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Replies

• MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    Apple :)
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Order salad without dressing, and you can substitute mixed greens for iceberg lettuce.
    Also ordering an apple on the side instead of chips or a baguette.
  • Nomarfan
    Nomarfan Posts: 36
    Options
    I am having the organic tomato basil soup. Only 110 calories/cup without the croutons and it is delicious!!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i always get the grllled chicken ceaser no croutons yummy
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i normally get the broccoli cheddar soup with the greek side salad and an apple. nom!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask....

http://www.primaltoad.com/panera-bread/
  • clala82
    clala82 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice. I had the cafe salad, no croutons, and the french onion soup, no cheese or bread on it, and an apple for my side. It was a satisfying lunch and I didn't feel sick after. I've only been eating paleo for a week and I already feel so much better. I notice it especially after my meals. I don't feel bloated and tired, probably because my insulin (I have insulin resistance) isn't sky rocketing out of control. Thanks, BR..., for the primaltoad website. I hadn't seen that one yet. Great resource!