How do you record 30 Day Shred?

Options
I'm new to MFP and use the 30 Day Shred....how do you record it in exercise and calculate calories burned??

Replies

• qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I dont use MFP for the calories because I find it posts to high I use my HRM.
    I put it under circuit training general
    I burn 200 - 225 for the 25 minutes of working out
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to get a HRM because like qtpiesmom said, most times the calories burned are higher than you actually use. When I do the shred, I burn around 150-200 depending on my intensity. Good luck!
  • minkymou
    minkymou Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im new to this too and was just about to post a message about the same thing. So we should be logging it under circuit training general, right? Thanks
  • minkymou
    minkymou Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, what does HRM stand for...? Im guessing Heart Rate Monitor right?
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor, yes. I had same question cuz I just bought it and didn't realize it wasn't in system. I've been doing a taoe bo dvd and doing some home excercising for a week now involving jogging in place, sit ups, dancing with weight, etc, and have been logging both the tae bo and the freestyle training as circuit training. Tae bo is in the system but seemed really high for the numbers it gave, and something else that was also suggested was high impact aerobics, but I felt what I was doing was a lil more than standard aerobics.. circuit training means doing various activities back to back to form a workout..with 30 day shred, and the others I mentioned, that's exactly what it is, combining various things, cardio, strength, abs, etc.

I haven't watched dvds yet, but sounds like there is different intensity levels. Not sure how to log different intensities, but im ok with not being exact and just being rough estimate anyway...as long as you remember that its just best guess and don't eat every possible calorie back just cuz that's what ur diary says...im suppose to eat 1600calories net a day, so I eat back up to 1400 to 1500net just in case the numbers were a bit high..and if they were to low then im still over starvation mode level