Feeling exhausted

Options
2»

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    AbiiReilly wrote: »
    I would drink around 200 cal or water a day sometimes less, I'll get an appointment with my GP and see what she says, maybe get bloods taken etc

Do you mean 200 ounces? Definitely visit doc and have them do a blood test and check minerals, thyroid, etc. The other thing is you could be stressed or depressed. Those things sometimes cause fatigue. I hope you find out soon.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to have covered all the troubleshooting so I don't have anything else to add except that maybe you're just getting a little burnt out and need to take a few days off from the workouts.

I get like that once in a while too, but if I get a little extra sleep for a few days and let my body rest I feel much better. Sometimes we just need a break. :wink:
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    What do you mean by eat more..

How tall are you? 1400 calories would probably be fine if you didn't exercise. Since you are, you need to fuel your workouts. Your exhaustion is because you're not eating enough.

MFP uses the NEAT system. You are supposed to eat back your exercise calories. However, many consider the burns given by MFP to be inflated so only eat back 50% of them.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818082/exercise-calories-again-wtf/p1

This is helpful instead of just saying eat more and claiming its self explanatory. Lots of people ask questions because they really don't know and are seeking guidance. Thanks for your helpful response.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You could just be "burning the candle" at both ends sort of saying. You could be having a perfect storm of many things that equate to needing a break in which you may just be stressed out. Your body is telling you to slow down no matter what the reason. It can be anything as stress can be hidden for a while before it decides to pounce on you.

Me personally, I would stop the taking supplements, make sure if you are consuming caffeine, limit this, stop exercising and perhaps move into maintenance calories so that my body can start recovering. I would let everyone know around me that I am taking a break and ask for help in getting things done like chores, errands etc.

I had acute chronic fatigue and actually found out that I had low T4, and had to take about a month off and slow down. I started feeling like I was wanting to get a nasty cold (immune system I guess was in overload) It was the best thing I could have done and my hormones got back into balance. I also learned after this how to balance things in my life better.

This may not be you, but it can be something to take a look at, next thing go the doctor if not better in a few days. Blood work will tell you a great deal.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    I am eating all of the extra calories though that's the thing, I don't starve myself at all believe me I'm a big foodie, my goal is to get from 11 stone back down to around 9 - 9 and a half stone, I've got down to 10st 10lbs over the past few weeks, I'm not looking for a "quick fix" like most people.

I didn't go to the gym today to have an extra break today to see if that helps but it could be to do with other things which are going on with me at the minuet.

Thank you for all your help guys

So when you say you are eating 1400 calories, is that gross or net?

If net, ya, ask your doctor to check for iron and other deficiencies.

Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You're training 7 days per week and only eating 1400 calories...that would leave most people with pretty low energy. You're not feeding your training.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You're feeling exhausted because your glycogen stores are low..

Eat 2000 calories each day for a couple of weeks and see what happens. If you're still exhausted, eat 2300.

The short answer is, "donuts".
  • AbiiReilly
    AbiiReilly Posts: 14 Member
    Options

cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You're training 7 days per week and only eating 1400 calories...that would leave most people with pretty low energy. You're not feeding your training.

I train usually 5 out of the seven days, eat my 1,400 cals per day plus all of the ones I have burned off by exercise to try and prevent the tiredness but I'm starting to think that it's to do with my stress levels, I use the gym as a get away if you'd know what I mean? But I think I just need a good holiday in Ibiza for a month
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    How long have you been feeling tired for? Could it be that time of month is coming? Have you cut out or reduced your carb intake? You need Carbs for energy so maybe you could just up your carb intake on work out days?
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I'd just try reducing the workouts - "working very hard at the gym" and "feeling very tired" just sounds like you're overdoing it to me. Look up "non-functional overreaching" and see if it fits what you're experiencing.
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    How many hours a day are you sleeping?