What do/did you hate about being overweight?

Options

Replies

• caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I hate getting so hot and sweaty just doing normal things

I hate the bad sleep I get from sleep apnea

I hate thigh rub!

Sure there are other things, but they're all external and down to how society treats overweight people or simply my own insecurities.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Downhill skiing. I never got off the baby hill. I would prefer sitting inside with hot cocoa, watching.

Playing soft ball and having to run the bases. Or was it just that I'm not athletic?

Being the fat lady who sang. You know: "It's not over until the fat lady sings." I never sing publicly since I lost the weight. Maybe that's because it's over? :p
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I always hated it when my parents and grandma pressured me about my weight, I had always been overweight my entire life until now. I hated that I looked bloated from every angle when I looked in the mirror, double chin, inner thighs being chaffed, lack of self-esteem, and I just basically hated my entire being when I was fat. But what was really embarrassing for me was when some complete stranger asked me "when the baby was due." Not only was that extremely rude, but it hurt. My husband laughed, I tried to laugh at myself but still. Made me really self conscious afterwards.

Now that I have lost the weight, I have a tiny waistline, flat stomach, thigh gap, I am a lot more comfortable with myself and more confident! No more strangers asking if I'm pregnant :D
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Chub rub, which I don't have quite as much of a problem with anymore since I've lost some weight, and looking lumpy in clothing. I want to wear fitted shirts without all my rolls being visible.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I hate(d):

My double chin
    Taking pictures - i refused to be in them at one point
    Bathing suits
    Lying about my weight
    Feeling ugly
    Clothes shopping

I still have a lot of insecurities about myself. But i've stopping lying about my weight. I feel proud to be 140 pounds, i've come a long way and i'm still working on it.
  • Lastyearsgirl
    Lastyearsgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing an article of clothing I like, and automatically having to start a the back of the rack to see if they have it in an XL or an L...
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I hate that I let my self get this way again.
    I hate my double chin that is starting to show
    I hate that I bought bigger clothes and might have to buy more because I keep gaining
    I hate my midsection
    I hate that my hip bones have disappeared
    I hate that my jaw line and collar bone are no longer defined
    I hate that the muscle I had gained is hidden under fat
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have problems with self-loathing, so I had to work hard on my mindset when I first started losing weight. Sometimes the hate feelings get to me still (if I feel disappointed in my progress), but mostly I've tried to stay positive during this journey, and I'm happy that I'm not in a hurry to lose and don't have any deadlines.

Because of my past, I never ever thought I could be losing weight healthily (and be doing it for myself in a positive way!) but here I am. And I think it's thanks to MFP that I feel so good about it all.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I hated my knees starting to hurt and the limited clothing options/higher prices.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Putting on an outfit in the morning that you think looks fine, then catching yourself at an odd angle in a public mirror and realizing that you look like a stuffed sausage.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Pain all the time
    Getting out of breath climbing stairs in my house
    Not being able to walk as fast as my family or as far
    Not being able to do exercises very well
    Clothes not fitting well, having to buy maternity pants to get something that fit
    Being asked if I was pregnant
    Feeling judged for eating
    Weighing more than my spouse
    Not being able to bend over to tie my shoes
    Struggling to clip my toenails
    Worrying that a chair would break
    Poor balance
    Not wanting my picture taken
    Not wanting to see old friends or family because I was embarrased about how much I had gained
    Being frustrated that I couldn't stick to a restrictive diet or strict exercise plan

I'm still about 20 lbs overweight but a lot of those things have improved for me.

• MixedbarbieMOM1991
    MixedbarbieMOM1991 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I hate my insecurities
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    A regular towel would not cover me after bathing. Well, I could cover my front or my back, but not both at the same time.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing a fat "old" lady when I look in the mirror. Where is the me I know should be there?

I hate airplane and movie theater seats.

I hate buying clothes in the oversized section.

I hate feeling all gross after stuffing myself with huge portions ... and then going for seconds.

I hate not fitting into my old clothes anymore.

I hate having my picture taken (I was never fond of it before, but now ...?)

I hate all the aches and pains that come with being overweight.

I hate what I'm doing to my joints and my heart.

But all of that is behind me know. I'm on the right journey, and it will all just be bad memories in a few months!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I couldn't live my life fully. And everything everyone else has said.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over a kilo away from not being overweight and being in the healthy weight range. I'd been overweight for about a year and a bit.

Things I've hated about being overweight:

- thigh rub
    - big belly
    - not being able to pick whatever clothing I want in stores, because I had to think about whether or not it would flatter me.
    - worrying about my health.
    - not feeling attractive.
    - wobbly body parts.
    - the feeling that the old me was slipping away.
    - not recognizing my own face anymore, and not enjoying the new one!
    - passive aggressive digs from my mother.
    - clothes not fitting comfortably or well.
    - buying my first fat dress, and deciding it is my last.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Hated being the biggest one in group pictures.....now I'm not! Woo Hoo!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    May be talking crazy.....but what if airlines start weighing people before they allow them to board....just sayin'
    I wanna be ready :#
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I hated losing my waist! :(
    But it’s ok... I got it back! :)