Hey y'all :)

Options
Just thought I'd say hello. I'd welcome any friends! I'm Whitney and my doctor keeps pressuring me to have WLS. The thought of that is scary to me personally and I've lost weight naturally before so here I am!

Replies

• tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think you can do it without surgery. Several posts on here will tell you that it only helps in the beginning but isn't a cure all. You still have to learn how and what to eat along the way. If you're going to do that....just do it the old fashion way. Diet and exercise. Burn more calories than you take in. MFP is a great tool. I'm down 56 pounds since May. I have MFP friends that have lost well over 100 pounds without surgery. Whichever way you decide to go, good luck and God bless.
  • whitislosingit
    whitislosingit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • livn4jsus30
    livn4jsus30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Whitney, my name is Caroline and I'm new here too! I too have lost weight in the past what have you done? Cause I too have been thinking about the gastric sleeve...
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all debi from Alabama....would love to help motivate others and have them do same for me. At a plateau right now
    Ck out my diary n give me some critique
  • Momof3inBama
    Momof3inBama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd say hello. I'd welcome any friends! I'm Whitney and my doctor keeps pressuring me to have WLS. The thought of that is scary to me personally and I've lost weight naturally before so here I am!

Hi! I had the gastric sleeve 8 weeks ago! It has been nothing but an amazing tool! You have to eat right, as it isn't a quick fix cure, but I have been very happy with it!