Here I Am.

Options
Hey there! I am Nicole, or Nik. 24. 285ish. I had an acct on here. But cannot seem to access it. Which it fine by me, time to start fresh! Anyways. I really want to get down to 200lb. I recently have had issues with chest pain (going to the DR tomorrow to get it checked out.) But I cannot seem to shake that it is weight related. So here I am. I really have never felt determined to lose weight, as I do right now. This is going to be something extremely difficult for me to accomplish, as I suffer from major depressive disorder and general anxiety disorder, and most days I do not even want to, or have the energy to get out of bed. Another difficulty I will have is eating good. I will have to, for now, run on portion control of whatever foods we have. (not to go into too much detail- but we are going through an extreme rough patch. And are living off of local food pantry items. Which usually is not the best food choices. Pasta is unlimited to take, so that is usually what we mostly eat.) My motivation is my personal well-being. Going through this journey is going to be difficult. But it will be for the good. I will be healthier. No more high blood pressure. Lower cholesterol. Etc.. Wish me luck!

-- ;

Replies

• francois_
    francois_ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nicole, you've got the attitude of a fighter so the odds of success are on your side. This journey is difficult for all of us here. We all have our own unique and individual challenges. We create ourselves a support group of friends with similar situations or challenges to cheer us on during the good days and to pick us up during the bad....which somehow often outnumber the good. But once you see the numbers dropping on the scale, that's when your drive, determination, motivation and enthusiasm will sky-rocket. Best of success!
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Nicole you got a friend here. I have PTSD and gad and I'm on meds
    I still could use people to encourage me and my accomplishments so add me together we can do this
  • nicole_2131
    nicole_2131 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nicole you got a friend here. I have PTSD and gad and I'm on meds
    I still could use people to encourage me and my accomplishments so add me together we can do this

will do! i need a lot of encouragement to keep going. so i understand!
  • nicole_2131
    nicole_2131 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    francois_ wrote: »
    Nicole, you've got the attitude of a fighter so the odds of success are on your side. This journey is difficult for all of us here. We all have our own unique and individual challenges. We create ourselves a support group of friends with similar situations or challenges to cheer us on during the good days and to pick us up during the bad....which somehow often outnumber the good. But once you see the numbers dropping on the scale, that's when your drive, determination, motivation and enthusiasm will sky-rocket. Best of success!

thank you very much! :) it is going to be a long journey. but, i think i can do it this time!