Females with 100+ lbs to lose!

Options

Replies

• neomellojenn
    neomellojenn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on day 12 of my journey. I have about 140lbs to lose. I post my struggles on my profile. Add me.

I'm a single mom and veteran who is socially isolated much of the time. I could really use as many friends as I can get.
  • alicial78
    alicial78 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm at 319 starting yet again. Thanks to a wicked case of pneumonia this past winter that's still down from my highest weight of 338. I've tried everything in the past for like a month, just trying to make it stick. I don't know what my goal weight is, but being leaner and able to buy clothes at almost any store is my main goal. I'm starting with a goal of loosing 10% of my body weight. They say that's supposed to help BP, sugar, cholesterol all that stuff, but honestly I don't have issues with any of those, just figure it's an obtainable goal and it can't hurt. Right?
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started trying to lose weight at the end of May this year but I only really got serious with it in June, so I have been going for about a month and a half so far. I'm 31 yrs old as of May and 5'7" tall and started at 277 lbs. I'm at 249 now but I still need to lose about another 110-120 lbs. I'm in this for the long haul and looking for more friends so we can help motivate each other :)
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have about 140 lbs to lose. 28 down so far. This is the hardest thing I've ever done!
  • nancy1465
    nancy1465 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have gone up and down for yrs and lost enough weight 28 yrs ago to even do a tv commercial for my weight loss. However I had 2 MORE children and gained weight that I never lost. I now have to lose at least 110 lbs. I have joined many weight loss groups but I am having great success with this one. I have been following this program for a month now and lost 13 lbs. I agree its overwhelming thinking about losing that much weight so I just think about 10lb increments. You can do it....we all can! Baby steps!
  • robinmanke
    robinmanke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost about 60lbs a year ago and then I gained back 45.... damn. I need to loose 80lbs again. Feel free to add me!!
  • suznhenz
    suznhenz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 69 have about 120 pounds to lose. I took off about 70 pounds 10 years ago via dieting and a LOT of exercise, but having my thyroid removed shortly after that really messed up my metabolism (along with kidney stones, gall stones and a knee operation that kept me from exercising) and I gained it all back. Now I am determined to become more healthy and have found that low carb eating and my TerraTrike are what I have been needing all along. I don't ride my Trike because I have to, I ride it because I LOVE it and hate it when I can't ride it for at least an hour a day- all this in the heat of our Florida summer!! Who knows what will bring the inspiration we need, but I'm pretty sure I found mine.
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 years old(turning 30 in October)and have around 120 pounds to lose.I was on MFP a few years ago,and wanted to come back because I want to be at a healthy weight in my 30's.I have been overweight most of my life,mainly in my teens and 20's.I have lost and gained weight before.Feel free to add me :smile:
  • nillaskye
    nillaskye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and currently weigh 284lbs. I have a lot to lose. My goal weight is 130lbs. My husband talks about starting a family but I'm not ready to take that step until I'm healthy enough.
  • kylieantoinette
    kylieantoinette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 26 (27 in a few weeks) I am in the same boat I have around 120-125lbs that I need to loose to start maintaining a healthy weight. I have been at it for about 3 weeks now. And I've lost about 15lbs so far I'd love to find friends with the same goals as me and help keep each other motivated. Everyone feel free to add me
  • annaweezer229
    annaweezer229 Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 11 weeks in and have lost 27 lbs. I could always use new friends who are on a similar journey! Let's kick butt and do this! My first mini goal is to reach 250 lbs.
  • JeanRogers2
    JeanRogers2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 32lbs but have around 100 to go. I had lost 42 but had a shocking couple of months eating everything in sight. Back on it now, one day I'll stop yo yoing and get to goal!
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Looking for support from women who are active here on MFP that have 100lb or more to lose! I have lost and gained weight for years, but it's crunch time. I am 26 and want to be successfully maintaining a healthy weight by 30! I am motivated, but do best with support from others. Feel free to post here, chat and add me. :)

@jennybaby89 it was the big 3-0 that made me focus too, alas it was like a week after my 29th birthday!
    But I figure the women in my family live to their 90's so I can be in a sensible weight range for a long time to come.

I've got 104lb to go, after the total 121lb
  • TNGrammarian
    TNGrammarian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have 150 lbs to lose and I'm looking for MFP friends to help remind me what's important. I so easily get distracted by desires of the moment that it's easy for me to lose the big picture.
  • FindingLiz016
    FindingLiz016 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would like to loose 100 pounds!!! o started at 289 and currently 245....Your all more than welcome to add me :)
  • pumpkinRIP02
    pumpkinRIP02 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well.
    I wish you all the best on your goals.
    I am here if you feel like you need someone to vent to at any point.
  • ccnkc091804
    ccnkc091804 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and a home health caregiver. I have over 100 lbs to loose. I started 2 weeks ago and have lost 13 lbs so far. Feel free to add me. The motivation and support really helps!!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I sent you a request! I have about a 100 to go give or take. If anyone else would like to add me that would be awesome. I'm at a bit of an impasse right now, of my own accord, when it comes down to it.. I let life get in the way and several trips out of state and moving, so, I'm trying to get back on track.
    I lost 50+, gained 20, lost 15 gained 10 recently.. so... I have to get back to it. We can do this!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 33 also and have about 100 to go give or take. I've struggled my whole life as well but not sure why.. It can be done for sure!! Instagram is a huge help honestly, seeing people that are successful and doing it helps.
    We can do this!

Also, I just noticed these posts are from April! Not sure why this showed up as recent on my MFP page..
    tashka99 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 33 and have about 110lbs to lose. I've always struggled with my weight because of emotional eating and lower back issues that restrict my movement but always just brushed it off because I didn't see myself as an overweight girl. However, I recently learned from my doctor that I fall in the weight category that qualifies for weight loss surgery. Once I heard that I had a wholly *kitten* I need to change moment but the idea of losing 110lbs is very overwhelming that it drives to me seek comfort in food. I don't really have many people to talk to you about this...doesn't help that all my friends/co-workers and about 90% of my family have metabolisms that would make a fitness model jealous it's been hard trying to find support.

But with all that self-pity aside I'm still pushing myself so if you need some support I'm here for you :)

• Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I have well over 100lbs to lose. Would love to give and get as much support as I can. I ;ost weight on MFP a few years back but a bad breakup and i fell off track. Ready to do this again.