How can I set up macronutrients for Trim Healthy Mama way of eating?

Options
Trim Healthy Mama has three kinds of meals. "Satisfying" meals which is basically low carb (under 10 carbs) using fat for fuel, "Energizing" meals which is basically low fat (only 1 tsp. of fat) using carbs for fuel, and "Fuel Pull" meals which are low fat AND low carb (only 1 tsp. of fat and under 10 carbs) using no fuel just protein. You can switch between these meals each day as long as there are 3 hours between different fuels.

Replies

• ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You would have to manually change them each time I guess. Does sound like a particularly complicated way of eating and can't see what advantage it would have over eating a reduced calorie nutrient dense diet
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ChrisM8971 wrote: »
    You would have to manually change them each time I guess. Does sound like a particularly complicated way of eating and can't see what advantage it would have over eating a reduced calorie nutrient dense diet

Yep^^^ Way too complicated! Eat less calories and add some exercise for health and well being. Lift heavy :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The question should be "why", not "how"! By all means, eat like that if you think it's interesting and fun - I know I do a lot of unecessary steps because I like it - but be aware that it's totally unecessary, and it's pointless to follow that kind of rules.
  • ManningFan1975
    ManningFan1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I can't seem to adjust the settings to reflect accurate THM numbers. Did you ever figure anything out?
  • itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think you just change the Macronutrients each day and don't worry about criticisms from people who think you need to eat less when they are starving their body.
  • jlis1024
    jlis1024 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I look at each meals Macros, not the overall days. Each day can change depending on how you set up your meal plan for that day. I do THM, and I look at my Macros for each meal because I know if its suppose to be an E, S, FP, or a CO. I also watch my calories because I can very easily over eat especially on S days.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This sounds arbitrary and confusing to me. The first one sounds like you are aiming for ketosis, but switching between low carb, low fat, and then what - low carb/low fat and high protein sounds like it would wreck my digestive system, not to mention you wouldn't stay in ketosis. I also don't understand the 3 hour gap between different fuels...

If you are committed to trying to make this work within MFP, I think you would probably want to relabel the sections, instead of "Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack" into the headings you wanted to call them. I think with premium you can do different macro goals for different days, but I'm not sure about that and I don't think you can change goals per meal. So you would probably just have to look at them individually to see if you are keeping within your guidelines?

That's really all I've got. I'm on team "eat foods you enjoy in moderation while focusing on an overall healthy diet" so programs like this seem unnecessarily restrictive to me. Some people like having more structure, but I will be honest, I've not heard of one that shifts the macro balance so significantly from meal to meal. Is this something you are planning to do forever, or is this just for weight loss?
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    jlis1024 wrote: »
    I look at each meals Macros, not the overall days. Each day can change depending on how you set up your meal plan for that day. I do THM, and I look at my Macros for each meal because I know if its suppose to be an E, S, FP, or a CO. I also watch my calories because I can very easily over eat especially on S days.

^^^ This