What do you eat?!

Options

Replies

• k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan! I havent found HaloTop near me yet, sadly, but I do love Arctic Zero! Especially the Salted Caramel flavor. Yum! If you'd like to add me I have a public food diary!
    -Katherine

Ht-5'6
    SW-249
    CW-155ish
    GW-145ish
  • lorenlesley
    lorenlesley Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey!! I have an open diary to anyone who adds me as a friend (: I eat pretty much anything, even processed food. I eat always within my calorie limit which is around 1400 a day.

However, I am a vegetarian so my food choices might be a little different, but I eat ice cream, quesadillas, pizza, cookies... Lots of coffee STARBUCKS!!

SW: 234
    CW: 204
    GW: 160

Oh and I'm 5'7
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of meat, some vegetables, eggs, and protein bars/shakes. I can't eat things like pizza and ice cream. I don't handle dairy well at all and I have to watch the carbs, sodium, and sugars in my diet. Otherwise I can gain a massive amount of water weight in a short time. I really don't have a sweet tooth anymore anyway.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't drink beer or eat ice cream on any sort of regular basis ... those are calories that I save to savor on special occasions when I know I will end up over my allowance because of them and won't care that I do.

Otherwise, I eat pretty much whatever I want but I do moderate how much of anything I have. Pretty much I try to stick with nutritional guidelines of how many servings of what kind of food I have in a day ...

For me that come sout to 3 servings of bread/grain, 2 servings of fruit, 3 servings of vegetable, 2 servings of protein from meat/poultry/seafood/beans/nuts, and 4 servings of dairy from milk/cheese/yogurt a day. I also use oils and butters as needed to dress my salad or saute. My calories run anywhere between 1450 to 1790 a day depending on how calorie dense my choices are.

PS ... and eggs ... I use eggs almost every day as part of my meal plan. 2 large eggs = 1 protein serving. And sometimes I swap out a milk serving to have an extra protein serving.

• Nikion901
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I eat a lot of meat, some vegetables, eggs, and protein bars/shakes. I can't eat things like pizza and ice cream. I don't handle dairy well at all and I have to watch the carbs, sodium, and sugars in my diet. Otherwise I can gain a massive amount of water weight in a short time. I really don't have a sweet tooth anymore anyway.

Ho - Ho ... you would, maybe, have loved the pizza I had for lunch today ... 370 calories of delight ...
    Preheat oven to 375
    Onto a cookie sheet, lay 1 whole wheat burrito wrap and top with 2 tablespoons ketchup, then layer on veggies and top that with a couple slices of cheese you can eat, broken up. Bake about 15 minutes till the wrap is crispy, the cheese all melted, and the veggies cooked through. Cut into 8 pieces with a pizza cutter and pig out.

I used 3 sliced button mushrooms (baby bella), 1/3 cup sliced and diced zucchini, pickled hot pepper slices, diced scallion along with the tomato and cheese. It was very satisfying. The wrap I used has 170 calories in it.

Natch, I'm done for starchy carbs for the day, had my oatmeat this morning and that wrap for lunch.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Mine is open! Although I was on vacation last week, so it wasn't a typical week and I had two cheat meals that I didn't log).
  • mandaleen
    mandaleen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, you're welcome to add me. I try to eat lots of fruits, veggies and lean meats. I'm a snacker. :)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I work on a weekly average, meaning there are days when I eat little and days where I go way over. I'm only 5' tall so I've set a target of 1390 calories. I also run, dance and try and be active.

I eat anything. I make sure I can still meet friends for a couple of beers and a burger, and that just means being disciplined through the week. I tend to eat mostly vegetarian/salad type foods during the week and bump up the protein for breakfast. Right now I'm drinking cider.

What works for me best is NOT snacking. Eating three decent proper filling meals a day, and if I get hungry - well, it's not that long to wait until dinner.

I'm losing around 0.5lb a week. I only have another 10-12 to go, and being short means my deficit will only ever be small. What matters to me is that I am losing and still having fun doing it.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    [quote="Nikion901;37228652"

PS ... and eggs ... I use eggs almost every day as part of my meal plan. 2 large eggs = 1 protein serving. And sometimes I swap out a milk serving to have an extra protein serving.

[/quote]

Do you worry about too much cholesterol eating that many eggs? Not being snarky but trying to learn.
  • roseyredds
    roseyredds Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I would be happy to share my diary if you want to be friends! I'm not the picture of great eating and weight loss but have been able to lose 20+lbs since April eating a lot of what I want. I have made a lot of changes in my diet like I stopped eating ice cream or sweets every night - that was huge for me (not saying that's what you need to do!). I also have a "problem" with wine so drinking wine AND eating ice cream and God knows what else was taking a toll. I am trying not to drink during the week (this week so far!). It's helping. But I eat a lot. My target to lose 1lb a week is about 1880 and I usually eat about 2200-2300 calories per day (at least) but I've still had a consistent loss. But my other big change is working out 5-6 days per week. I will always DO more if it means I can EAT more! HA.

Oh and I have gone from about 205 to 184 so far. 5'4"
  • thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    beachpizza wrote: »
    I'm not eating 1000 anymore! I eat 1300-1350 :)

Oh good, I was going to scold you lol. My dairy is friends only, I eat 1400 a day. You can add me if you want. :)
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - shake
    Lunch - salad with lo fat dressing and sometimes feta or goat cheese on top
    2 snacks - (I try for under 300 calories between the two)
    and dinner....is usually whatever calories I have left :smiley: Usually around 700
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I like with the emphasis on getting enough protein, fat, fiber and micro-nutrients. Yes, I even eat chocolate/cookies/ice cream/cake on a regular basis!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Do you worry about too much cholesterol eating that many eggs? Not being snarky but trying to learn.

Eggs aren't as bad for you as once thought:

http://www.livescience.com/39353-eggs-dont-deserve-bad-reputation.html
  • Nikion901
    Options
    [quote="Nikion901;37228652"

Do you worry about too much cholesterol eating that many eggs? Not being snarky but trying to learn. [/quote]

No, not at all ... I usually eat 4 to 6 eggs in a week. One way I use them is to add one to my old fashioned oats water and whisk it in before adding the oatmeal and then cooking as usual ... gives me more protein in the morning and helps keep me full longer than oatmeal on it's own would do ... and every couple of weeks I'll have a 2-egg meal on a day when they were not used at breakfast.
  • Anaaremade
    Anaaremade Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone here with a Keto diet diary on public display?
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Mine and my wife's are open and we log regularly. Feel free to add us or just her. I love Artic Zero ice cream and a pint is 150 calories with some good protein. Give it a look.
  • BJG7_UK
    BJG7_UK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat what ever I feel like eating as long as it's within my macro range!
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty consistent in logging and what I log...feel free to add me
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am 33 years old. Open diary. I eat around 1200 calorie a day. I have really been wanting to try Halo Top but we don't have a close health food store! ugh! Anyway, my diary is open and I usually log everything everyday! Nice to meet you! :)