Bathroom Dilema....

Options
2»

Replies

• mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Staying regular is only part of losing weight.
    If you exercise, you can sweat off several pounds in a single work out in water weight.
    People's metabolism's differ greatly.
    If you aren't going daily, there isn't necessarily something wrong.
    You can lose weight without "going".
    Your muscles and body constantly require nutrition and use up fat and calories.
    I hope this helps.

Sorry if I was repetitive, didnt have time to read everyones response
  • JesCrdr
    JesCrdr Posts: 28
    Options
    All of these suggestions are good and remember, you don't HAVE to go every day. I'm a nurse at a nrsg home, and, please, don't get obsessed with your bowels, because you should see what happens when you get older. Keep it simple, you know, drink more fluids, eat your fiber, but TRY to stay away from your laxatives and such, because you really can mess with your system. Eventually, after having taken these aids to "help" you go, you CAN'T go on your own. Most of my ladies who have the most trouble with their bowels are the ones who took laxatives and such for years, because they thought they weren't "normal" and some doctor told them that they HAD to go everyday.......You don't. So don't fret, and don't make it happen, either, unless you're doing it naturally.

Sorry for the ramble, but I see what they're going through, and, trust me, you DON'T want that. :frown:
  • alschor42
    alschor42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Magnesium Citrate Pills...I take 4 150mg pills in the morning and 4 in the evening. I was told that you can not OD. Worst side effect you can get is loose stools. Once you are regulated on them, adjust your consumption and you will go every day!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate your feedback and will keep trying to be "NORMAL":noway:

Want my 2 cents?

Funny you say that - I chuckled when I typed it...

that would be MY normal....:tongue:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    as long as your not uncofortable in between I wouldnt worry. but if you are uncofortable smooth move tea is great but only drink a half cup to start
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Well - I've increased my fiber and water and I still am having a hard time and I am not having consistent bowel movements (maybe 1 every couple days). When I don't go, I don't lose - any suggestions of what to try?
    SongBSweet did some great threads on this topic might wanna take a look at the archives:flowerforyou: One thing she mentioned each time she shared with those that brought it up was there really is no 'normal' amount of times to eliminate each day. Some go every couple days, some 5 times a day...you'll see more of what was shared on the thread. I don't recall everything that was said... Google will probably help you out perhaps check out WebMD.com

FC:heart:

One of songbyrdsweet's post's helped me to know that I am normal even though I only "go" once or twice a week.
    If you are becoming constipated and cannot go then you're having a problem.
    But for some of us normal is what it is. I drink alot of water and green tea. Get around 25-30gr. fiber out of food daily. I tried to use metamucil to add fiber but it did not change me.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I was going to start a topic like this last week, but I thought people would think I'm nuts! It's hard not to be concerned about it, especially when weigh in day is the next day!! Try taking Iron pills for Anemia! Sometimes I feel like I haven't had a crap in a month! I look 4 months pregnant, feel like I wanna puke cause there's a huge bowling ball sitting there,and look disgusting. I eat LOTS of fiber, (want to stay away from Laxitives), and drink LOTS of water and exercise daily. I find I want to eat more too then. What to do? I'm buying Metamucil or something. It ticks me off, cause my boys can take 1 bite of supper and run to the can and my husband is like clockwork.:grumble: I drink 3 cups of coffee a day, use sweetners, on and on. There...my vent for the day.20.gif
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I was going to start a topic like this last week, but I thought people would think I'm nuts! It's hard not to be concerned about it, especially when weigh in day is the next day!! Try taking Iron pills for Anemia! Sometimes I feel like I haven't had a crap in a month! I look 4 months pregnant, feel like I wanna puke cause there's a huge bowling ball sitting there,and look disgusting. I eat LOTS of fiber, (want to stay away from Laxitives), and drink LOTS of water and exercise daily. I find I want to eat more too then. What to do? I'm buying Metamucil or something. It ticks me off, cause my boys can take 1 bite of supper and run to the can and my husband is like clockwork.:grumble: I drink 3 cups of coffee a day, use sweetners, on and on. There...my vent for the day.20.gif

Just be careful if you already eat alot of fiber. The metamucil only made it worse for me:ohwell:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I second the comment on the metamucil. It will only add bulk.

There's nothing wrong with using a laxative from time to time so long as it doesn't become a habit. Take a MiraLax if you feel uncomfortably constipated.
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    I may be really simple here.. but just eating salad greens and increasing fruits (e.g. apricots, berries, raisins, cherries, dried cherries or cranberries, etc.) are a great way to carry on naturally, and you'll be good to go.

Cheers!
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I use psyllium husk powder ever few days- works like a charm- be sure to drink lots of water with it though.

One thing I tried several months ago was a Total Body Cleanse from Whole Foods- totally worked wonders!!