Why the chemicals?

Options
What is the point of making delicious whole grain foods, into refined chemicals? Seriously! Why take away all those nutrients to make it look better? D:

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    shelf life and shipping essentially. the food industry is all about how long something will last before pereshing. That and whether it can be shipped warm or refrigerated.
  • Lilsparrow23
    Options
    shelf life and shipping essentially. the food industry is all about how long something will last before pereshing. That and whether it can be shipped warm or refrigerated.

We need a new system.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    extending shelf life makes it cheaper to product. It's all about the dollar.
  • Lilsparrow23
    Options

The industry makes me sad. =( I hate how mass production > human health.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I agree to many chemicals. They want profit though regardless of the consumers interests.

I notice that is one thing foreigners say about the food here in the states is that they cannot believe they are loaded with the chemicals.

I blame the older generation like people over 50 for not being concerned with food products and not changing (years ago) such food production that provokes body issues.
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options

The industry makes me sad. =( I hate how mass production > human health.

I believe it is improvements in food distribution and mass production that actually has improved human health over time. Most of the preservatives are there for food safety not just making things cheaper,

If you don't want the chemicals grow your own, bake your own. O yea the only problem with that is you will have to load everything up with preservatives to hold them over the off season.

Be careful of what you wish for.