i need help

Options
hey guys after much long nerve wrecking gut stranglin i have decided after puttin 4lb on these last two weeks and weight on 20 stone 11 lb or 133kg and been told unless drastic steps are taken i will be lucky to make to end of the year my fellow says if i cancel wedding again he gonna throw me in the lagan i eat everything seriously i love to cook just hate eating same thing day after day my one downfall is bread now i am diabetic with a denav machine basically my start doses are breakfast 59 lunch 62 dinner 62 with a correction dependin on blood sugar and night time insulin is 64 now all doses change every tuesday dependin on blood sugar control for the last week i have spoke to gp and so long as 80-100 carbs they have no issues with doing a diet plan but really they want me on 3 meals per day eatin enough so that snacks are carb restricted as messes with blood sugars now i have protein shake and pancakes and mousse have used before i use fitbit and mfp they dont sync with each other but i add my calorie burn to mfp the gp has started me on orlistat (has anyone used it for weightloss) as she felt it is one of the major steps now i have this big journey im hopeful that i could get wee bit of support its so difficult to stay motivated

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There's no reason you need to eat the same thing every day although it might help you to create several meal plans that you rotate on a regular basis. If you need to restrict carbs for your diabetes, I'd suggest checking out the Atkins website for their recommended food lists and recipes. You don't necessarily need to follow their plan but those two things can be very helpful for someone new to watching carbs and unsure of what they can and can't eat. The recipes should help to keep your food choices from being monotonous, too.

Why don't your Fitbit and MFP sync? They should. Mine have worked together since 2012 without a problem. Perhaps something just isn't set up correctly?
  • gwynethsomeday
    gwynethsomeday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Perhaps counselling is available to you? Not sure where you are, but if you're having to struggle so much with healthy choices, perhaps counselling would be covered by your medical?