Options

Replies

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    stelloian wrote: »
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    5'9" ladies. Can you please share (or pm me) your daily calories for losing? Success tips? I'm at 181 for months can't break into the 170s and I'm imagining I still want to get to 150? Getting impatient. What is your target and what is your net? How much are you exercising? Need help please

I set mine to 1200 calories. I exercise about 4-5 times a week. I wish I could say it melts off, but it has been terribly slow. I have had to work really really hard with high intensity to see any drop on the scale. Most women do not seem to be this way. I am currently breastfeeding so that may have something to do with it. I usually eat my workout calories too. Unless I am super motivated to see a scale budge. I have to be careful with that stuff though because I don't want to lose my milk supply.

What are you currently at?

I'm netting about 1600-1700 per day on the weekly average. I guess the problem is right there. I'm amazed when I read about people losing on 1800 a day? I need to figure out the daily calories that will generate weight loss for me. During the week I'm probably at 1400-1500 per day but my weekends are too excessive. Hmmmmm. Answering my own problems! I guess my struggle is that mfp sets my daily goal at 1200 which seems way too low. Thx for the advice :) your loss since May is awesome!!

I'm one of those who lose on 1800-2000 cals a day, lol. I'm currently maintaining (~2400 cals a day, not tracking assiduously.) because I find it too hard to lose during summer (bbq, beer and ice cream... deadly). So instead of feeling deprived I just maintain. I'll be back to losing after my last obstacle race in September to get to my goal weight of 150 lbs.

I found it easier to use TDEE to determine calorie needs rather than eating back exercise calories. Especially as the calories burnt during weightlifting workouts and martial arts are difficult to track.

5'8''
    SW 202
    CW 167
    GW 150
  • Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    aimez23 wrote: »
    I'm currently bouncing between 152-55 and wear a U.K. Size 8 but I train hard and lift weights so my muscle:fat ratio is pretty high. I'm small framed but at 5'8.5 can't imagine weighing much less than this and still looking healthy xx 9wjhphwddcd3.jpeg

Holy cow! You have my dream body. It's strange because I'm only a pound or two heavier but I look nothing like you. I have to keep lifting weights :)
  • dana7dana7
    dana7dana7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ht 5'8
    Sw 197
    Cw 182
    Gw 150
    Slow but steady
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    dana7dana7 wrote: »
    Ht 5'8
    Sw 197
    Cw 182
    Gw 150
    Slow but steady

You hit the 15lb loss mark! Great job!
  • RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    aimez23 wrote: »
    I'm currently bouncing between 152-55 and wear a U.K. Size 8 but I train hard and lift weights so my muscle:fat ratio is pretty high. I'm small framed but at 5'8.5 can't imagine weighing much less than this and still looking healthy xx 9wjhphwddcd3.jpeg

You look absolutely amazing! You make me rethink my goal weight of 140. Although it seems like the people like you who have a high proportion of muscle usually start out at a lower weight and then work hard to build muscle.

• poorlittlefish
    poorlittlefish Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, what calorie ranges are you all in? I am 5'8 and currently 170, hoping to get in the low 150's
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, what calorie ranges are you all in? I am 5'8 and currently 170, hoping to get in the low 150's

Too low : (
    I have been doing about 12-1400 and I am tired a lot. But I gain if I go over that at all. Soooooo. I dunno what ideal is.
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I'm 5'8", 150lb and I am on 1500 but I don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • kenziedriscoll
    kenziedriscoll Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I am 5'8"... I am on 1510 a day and eat back If not all then most of my exercise cals. I've lost 19.8lbs since May 26th.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5 foot 7 and look pretty skinny at 140lb! The lightest I have ever been is 138lbs and I had family members worried about me. I would have thought it would be difficult for someone who is 5 foot 9 to get to 140lbs. Wonderful transformations ladies by the way! I'm aiming to lose 30lb to be around the 140lb mark.
  • its4me2012
    its4me2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Following
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I'm 5'9", currently 170lbs as well and I eat anywhere from 1700 to 1900 calories (never less than 1700 though, as my BMR is around 1600) :wink: Lost 20lbs so far, and want to lose another 20 :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!