What makes you keep going?

Options
I failed today, I got stressed out and binged on snacks....even my my brain said not to my body still put it in my mouth. I need to know what some of you guys do to stay motivated and to fight the feeling, battle the urge to eat.

Replies

• soni_sandy1992
    soni_sandy1992 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Looking at myself in the mirror and thinking omg I'm so fat. :p
  • OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What helps me keep going is the gorgeous weather for getting outside and doing stuff. I can't ignore it!
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Looking at myself in the mirror and thinking omg I'm so fat. :p

This
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    At this point I've spent too much time and energy to simply just stop.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to death to go back to where I started.
  • Zeke993
    Zeke993 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I encounter temptation I try to dramatically say no to myself lol and then I do something that will help my goal. I leave the kitchen and look up a stretching video on YouTube and follow it for 15 min or do some squats or quick exercise for 15 min and then by the end I've gained the strength to keep saying no to unnecessary calories while doing something that gives me more motivation to excercis ( I usually stretch just cause its relaxing and easy). Also I think about why I want food so badly. A lot of times it's because I'm a. Overwhelmed or b. Didn't eat enough throughout the day. Thinking of the real reason why I want food has helped me stay stronger too. Hopefully this helps you! Good luck!
  • MaxT370
    MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Looking at old pictures and wondering how I let myself get so out of shape.....and then looking at all of the hard work I've put in...and then what's left.

Knowing my health is better for the improvements I've made, I'm not going to just throw that away.

If snacking is an issue..get away from what's causing the urge. For example, TV food commercials make me want to rush out and get a whopper, sometimes I just need to turn off the tv.

Find a hobby, go for a walk, distract yourself in some way. That's my go to.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Stopping mindless eating is something you will need to work on. Personally, I think of my calories as a budget. During the day, as I'm faced with choices, I must decide if "X" is worth "spending" my calories on. If it is, then maybe I have to skip my afternoon snack to have it. Usually it's not though so I just say no and keep on keeping on.

Good luck :smile:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Most of my failures happen in less than 2 hours. I don't fail a whole day. I fail the time I spend eating stuff off my plan. This is my thought process: OK, so I did. Have I stopped? OK, I've stopped. Back on the program beginning now.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi, I failed miserably yesterday!! I was good all day, I even weighed out the slice of my little lads birthday cake, then once the kids had gone to bed I ate an entire bag of butterkist popcorn.. I've woke up this morning feeling like I used to, lethargically racking my brains what did I eat last night, it's a horrible feeling. Anyway, I'd got into the habit of having my tea later in the evening which stops me picking, or brushing my teeth, taking off my makeup and slapping on the night cream. This makes me feel clean and the smell of the night cream is almost a deterrent, it reminds me that I'm done for the day xx good luck