Not my first rodeo, but struggling harder this time.

Options
So a while back I lost around 30 lbs, but ever since I came home from school for the summer, my weight has been creeping back up. In the past few months, I've gained around 15 lbs! So I've been trying to do what I did when I lost all that weight, but it's so much harder this time around. When I'm at home there's so much good food I can't buy when I'm up at school, so I just eat a lot more. I work late, so I usually eat dinner around 10:30-11:00. I know I tend to graze without even thinking about it, and I have a boyfriend who lives 2 hours away so I only see him on the weekends, but when we're together, we usually end up eating out a lot which means I don't always end up making the best choices. Any ideas as to how I can overcome these difficulties I'm experiencing this time around?

Replies

• brooksnonnie
    brooksnonnie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try to enjoy smaller portions of the foods. My sister recently lost 40 plus pounds, and if she wants a snack or something she normally wouldn't eat, she takes a couple bites and to keep from eating more she will put a dirty napkin on top of it. It works for her.
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey! Same situation for me. I gained about 15 pounds after losing 50, and I'm home with my parents for the summer. Weirdly enough, my boyfriend also lives about two hours away. I've been struggling a little this summer too, but I've been doing well the last two weeks. The biggest thing for me was making a routine and sticking to it. I make an effort to exercise every single day and that motivates me to log everything. Even if you have bad days, you just have to log them. I completely understand the struggle of logging something you made yourself versus the home cooked meal your mom made, but do your best to stick to it, and then it will be a lot less work to lose the weight once you get back to school. And when you see your boyfriend, ride bikes, go on a hike, cook together... Try to get that balance exercise and control along with slight indulgence. Good luck!