Anyone have good ways to avoid binges??

You know those times where you just want to eat so bad and you want to avoid it but don't know how??

Does anyone have some suggestions??

Thanks!

Replies

• You know those times where you just want to eat so bad and you want to avoid it but don't know how??

Does anyone have some suggestions??

Thanks!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Run away from the kitchen! Nah just kidding, I go for a 20 min walk outside weather permitting, then when I get back I drink a huge bottle of water, that usually cures me, I feel so good that I did extra exercise that I don't want the food.:happy:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Drink water, journal (write down how you are feeling, things you are dealing with - try to identify the underlying cause for the binge), call someone on the phone, clean the house - anything to keep yourself busy!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    i did an hours housework today, i have my usual weigh in tomorrow morning and really wanted to eat everything in site tonight!

sticking to my water, and im just thirsty now after all the cleaning, not hungry! lol
  • Sugarfree fruity gum and keep up the h2o!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    I deff love EXTRA Strawberry banana gum.
    I love my water
    I eat a spoonfull of Peanut butter after my workout
    I brush my teeth
  • Yes, go outside and walk in the fresh air even just 10 or 20 minutes, and drink water or crystal light!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Don't keep icky food in the house. If you want to binge, you have to go out and get it, which most the time...no one really wants to do. :smile:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Gum helps as does fresh fruit and veggies esp blueberries, or if I have a sweet craving I keep little lollipops or popsicles on hand
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Don't keep icky food in the house. If you want to binge, you have to go out and get it, which most the time...no one really wants to do. :smile:

I agree.

Make your decisions at the grocery store.

Also drink your water. Your weight divided by 2 equals the ounces of water to drink. If it works for FC - and it certainly seems to! Then it must be a good thing.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Drink lots of water, and everything in moderation! :tongue: nuts, pecans are great, and they fill you up... I snack on Carrots and Celery, which when not dipped in Ranch dressing is a negative calory food! it actually takes more calories to digest celery than you get out of it!

just like everyone else said "DRINK WATER" because it fills you up and huydrates you! best of both worlds!
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    I AGREE!! Water and gum!
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    umm... become a teacher? you'll have no time to go to the bathroom, let alone think about eating during the day!! :laugh:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Gum - as someone previously mentioned

Water - also previously mentioned.. hrm, I'm not very origional :tongue:

Dill pickle!! - They are NO calorie and actually curb your appetite

Log your food before you eat it - then see if you REALLY want to go over your calories by that much :ohwell:

Look at before & after photos

Verbilize that you want to binge, to whoever is around. Saying it outloud will make it sound silly and unnecessary.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Water, logging the calories of what you want to eat

and Clean something disgusting, like a toilet and brush your teeth.
    Hopefully that helps you lose your appetite until the craving has passed.
  • For me its engaging my brain in something. IT could be reading a book, starting a project, anything that requires my brain. Time flies when I do that and I don't even think about food. I also eat six meals a day, dividing up my meals equally so that Im neither hungry or lethargic feeling between meals.
  • exercise, exercise, exercise!!! But, I also allow myself 1 day per week- a cheat day!! it keeps me from binging. Every Friday I allow myself to eat out, my choice, but i do have rule to it!! I still do not eat any excessive fatty foods such as any fried meat. No soda Ever!!! Meat has to be grilled. No bread! I do allow myself a small dessert. My daughter usually splits it with me. You just need find what works for you, but usually variety is the key!! We all get bored witht the same things over and over and cause us to fall off the "changing our lifestyle habits". Its not a diet!!! diets mean you will stop eventually. This is forever!!!
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Eat only whole, healthy foods. It satisfies the body much better than processed food. I hardly ever have cravings anymore, and I used to be ruled by them. :happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Dill pickle!! - They are NO calorie and actually curb your appetite

I'm gonna have to try the pickle route. I might eat an entire jar of pickles but as long as they have no/few calories, that is okay...

The only way I know to avoid a binge is to sleep. :laugh:

Or discover the root cause of your binges and try to negate that. (My root cause is my homelife. NOT something I can just 'negate', sadly.)
  • Usually the desire to binge comes from something emotional. Even if you don't realize it at first. Ask yourself what might be bothering you that makes you want to binge. Then vent about it. Either here, to a friend, journal, etc. Also ask yourself how you'll feel if you give in. I had a day like that yesterday, I was in a really bad mood and wanted to stuff my face. Instead I listened to metal music and drove my car over the speed limit (I know probably not wise, but it helped). Then when I got home I listened to more of the same music while I was on the treadmill and I actually jogged my frustrations out.
This discussion has been closed.