Ran 2.2!

Options
Moving on - moving up. 30 min straight running from the girl who couldn't do 2 minutes 10 weeks ago. Can I get a heck yeah?!

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment! You are doing great!
  • ckwilson254
    ckwilson254 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is great news and encouragement for me. I started a 5k program last Monday and 2 minutes at a time is my max right now. Saturday I had a 55 minute run/walk but I got through it. Looking forward to being like you. Way to go!
  • Wildflowers70
    Wildflowers70 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! 10 weeks of dedication is a huge accomplishment. And the ability to run 30 minutes solid - high five!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hoorah and heck yeah!
  • DazzlingKim68
    DazzlingKim68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome....I'm just starting C25k app. Hoping I can get there. I'm in my 40's and have never been a runner. But I want too!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    awesome job!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Syrenn wrote: »
    Awesome....I'm just starting C25k app. Hoping I can get there. I'm in my 40's and have never been a runner. But I want too!

It's a great program! I was able to do 1.5 miles on my own, so I started with Week 5, but it's fantastic for conditioning your body to handle the repetitive forces/stresses of sustained running. Something that helped motivate me: signing up for my first 5k. It gave me a solid goal to aim for, and kept me pushing myself when I thought about throwing in the towel. I ran my first 5k last month, and immediately signed up for another one next month. You'll get there!!!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Woot! Congrats! That is an awesome achievement!!! *high five*
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    HECK YEAH!!! Way to go!!