New to this community

Options
rebel_26
rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
Hello to all. I'm not one for using a nutrient/macro tracking tool , but decided to give this one a shot. My goal is to lean out and add muscle. Seems almost impossible to do at me age and I'm only one week in on my refined diet goals on a 40/40/20 macro goal. I wish you all luck and hope to post some recipes of some of my favorite staple items.

Replies

• nette0520
    nette0520 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great looking forward to your recipes!! Good luck with your goal!!
  • mihai_vuurwerk
    mihai_vuurwerk Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    40% on proteins is a bit high unless your calorie goal is really low. Other than that, good luck!
  • rebel_26
    Options
    40% is and has been tough to reach for Protein. Calorie goal is set at 2770 per day. Ive found myself over on the carbs and under on protein daily, but also slightly under goal. A little more refining and I should be able to re-balance and hit mark. its like a new toy every time I add a food I have to go look at my nutrient balance which is definitely a nice option to have. Ill tweak the macros in a few weeks if or when I see results. Thanks for the comments!
  • mihai_vuurwerk
    Options
    2 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight is the most your body can actually use and this is for top athletes. Anything more than that is a waste. Try to adjust your diet accordingly.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    yes I've read the studies on .73 g per lb of body weight to maintain lean body mass. I'm realistically coming in at or around 1gram per lb daily. One day I hit 173 grams as a high point. ill likely adjust to 30/50/20 as that seems to be about where I end up anyhow. Thanks again Mihai!
  • mihai_vuurwerk
    Options
    No problem! Let's get those gains.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    At age 50 its harder than one whom is younger can imagine. Ive been on the trail for 10+ years.
  • BabyBungadin72
    BabyBungadin72 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 44 and literally soaking I'm a hot bubble bath right now, because of my arthritis. Sure that's TMI, but who cares. My point is I know getting older makes things more chalenging. So add me if you don't mind a little crazy redhead.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    no clue how to add..I'm a noob!! 44 you're still a baby lol.
  • mihai_vuurwerk
    Options
    Click name->click name again->add friend