Another failed weigh day..need help.

Options
trk24
trk24 Posts: 18 Member
Yep, done it again, another failed weigh in day. Zero pounds lost. I have been here since start of June, going on my 5th week and still nothing on the scale. I feel like I am doing a really good job with logging all food and exercise, but the scale still isn't budging.

I do believe I started out too low on calories at 1200 so I upped them to just under 1500, but wondering if I am still not getting enough. I work out at least 4-5 times a week and two of those days is with a trainer. He told me alot of people don't lose weight when working out with him but to just stay on top of my calories and I should see some differences. NOT! If I have had any NSVs at all it would be that I do feel good and have more strength when I run. (I would like to do a 5K in Sept),other than that, I am still very frustrated.

If anyone has advice, I would like to hear it. Please take a look at my diary and let me know if you see any obvious roadblocks. I even did really good over the 4th! I log everything, drink loads of water and typically stay under my calories. I know last week was not good due to not eating right on the nights we spent in the hay fields (mostly no dinner at all). Again, wondering if I am not eating enough, wondering if I am not eating the right things. Is there a magic potion I am missing?

How do you eat a health 1000 cals at the end of the day??

Frustrated.

Replies

• michellegr88
    Options
    I have advice, switch up your routine, add more fruits and veggies to your diet and unless your already super tiny its probably water weight. Health is more important than how you look. Good Luck.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Did you have a failed weigh-in day or are you giving advice for people that have?
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I cut and pasted this from another posting, hopefully some of it helps? I don't know that I have any single one piece of great advice...but I'll list a few and feel free to use them if it helps. Please let me know if you need clarification... I am only to willing to help.

1. Its often not what you eat, but how much you eat. Someone explained to me that your dinner plate should be 2/3rds veggies, 1/4 starches and the remainder lean meat. Oh... and start by using smaller plates (i.e. use an 8" salad plate as opposed to a10" dinner plate)

2. Know Your Portions. Portion control helped me lose a large amount of my weight... I used to eat a huge 12 oz TBone and now know I should only have a 1/3 rd of that. A portion of lean meat should only be about the size of a deck of cards. A portion of cheese is only about the size of your thumb etc.

3. Know that thirst and hunger are often mistaken for each other. If think I am hungry, I'll have a glass of water and wait 10 minutes. You should be drinking half of your body weight in ounces per day...(example... I weigh 220 lbs.... I will drink 110 ounces of water)

4. Identify why you eat. When do you eat? Can you change the behavior to reduce your intake? In my case,if I felt the munchies coming on... I would go for a walk. You can't eat when you aren't next to the refrigerator.

5. Move it to lose it. See above. I have travelled over 2800 Km since I changed my lifestyle. Some of it running, some of it walking. But If you see my wife, tell her I am ok and will eventually make it home.

6. Exercise is as good a cure for many of life's problems as any medicine will ever provide. Exercise builds muscle, flushes toxins, burns fat, makes you more attractive to the opposite sex and reduces stress. I doubt you could find a single pill that will do all of these things for you.

7. Read the label on everything... sometimes it helps knowing what crap you are putting into your body. If you can't pronounce it, is it really good for you?

8. Put your fork down between bites. It will help you feel satisied on less food and actually gives you more time to talk with the people you love.

9. Remember to Play. As adults we get so engrossed with work, that we often forget to play. When we play, we tend to be active and enjoy life more.

10. Don't go shopping while hungry... you are more likely to buy the bad stuff like cookies and ice cream and donuts when you are hungry.

11. Don't give in to temptation... Earn it! Reasonably rewarding yourself for exercise and weight loss is OK! When you don't reward yourself, you open yourself up to failure. Just be reasonable. Eating a quart of Baskin Robbins for losing a pound just isn't reasonable.
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    Some great advise there jeffrodgers1. Well done on that find!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Some great advise there jeffrodgers1. Well done on that find!

Actually... Its my original response to a similar post.
  • prettysmart
    Options
    My best advice if you are having rough days - can't resist the sweets, having an extra helping of Mac and Cheese..... just move - do what every you can to burn those extra calories because they don't calculate one to one a hour of exercise makes a huge difference. Weight loss will be slow and frustrating if we only look at diet and exclude exercise or vice versa....hang in there - shout for encouragement if you need!!!