Fitness tracker

Options
Ok guys I'm in the market for a new fitness/sleep tracker and am overwhelmed by conflicting review and the sheer amount available. I did have 4 misfit flashes and while i loved them they kept breaking. I work nights so i need something that wont be confused by my sleep schedule and preferably something that is shower safe since i am a cna and have to bathe people at work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• jdawson002
    jdawson002 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would really like to know this too. I've been looking at the Mi Band 2 but not sure if it syncs to MFP
  • klasla
    klasla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you are looking to spend. I used to have a Fitbit Surge, but the silicone strap broke 3 times and I had it replaced. I got fed up with the thing. I just bought a Garmin Fenix 3 HR, which is quite expensive, but its miles better than the Fitbit at almost everything. Its built to last and the battery will last a week, which is quite frankly great.

I think Garmin has a few cheaper offerings as well, like the Fenix 3 or the VivoFit (that i have no experience with).
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I love the Garmin Connect ecosystem which would play with the VivoFit, VivoSmart, and VivoActive HR trackers. They are decently accurate, Swimming and Shower safe. And Gamin Connect does give you an option to change your sleep settings.

Everything syncs with MFP from the Garmin Ecosystem as well. If you're only interested in the Sleep and Step then the VivoFit fits the bills, if you're wanting HR data as well then the VivoSmart fits the bill. If you run, Cycle, Swim, Golf .... and you're wanting an all in one I'd go with the VivoActive. RizKnows, a popular fitness YouTuber, calls the VivoActive HR the Fenix 3 Jr ... it's that good.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Another budding Garmin fan here. I've used Fitbits the last year and a half, but needed to replace them both. I bought a Vivoactive HR last week and am really enjoying the level of information and customization available. Three big benefits over the Fitbit Surge: 1. Waterproof 2. Battery Life 3. Band is replaceable!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I love my Fenix 3. It's expensive but does everything you want (and a lot more). Honestly I thought the smart phone features were a gimmick before I got mine, but it's nice getting a text in the shower and knowing what's going on.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I've been quite happy using Google fit (which is free) with Sleep as Android ($4.99) on my phone.
  • Wkelkel
    Wkelkel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the vivoactive hr. It's simply brilliant. Price is mid level, it's not too big and it can do everything for activity tracking right through to many specific fitness workouts.
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Garmon Vivosmart HR. I like the app a lot and the tracker has some nice features and is quite comfy. It links with MFP easily.
  • gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you soo much guys I'm definitely getting the picture that garmin is the way to go. Im assuming its tracking is gps based does it still do ok for tracking on the treadmill?
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    gracie2586 wrote: »
    Thank you soo much guys I'm definitely getting the picture that garmin is the way to go. Im assuming its tracking is gps based does it still do ok for tracking on the treadmill?

If you go for the VivosmartHr+ it does have a gps tracker. It's about $50.00 more than the normal HR which has the heart rate but not the GPS.

Good review of this years trackers by Wearable.com

http://www.wareable.com/fitness-trackers/the-best-fitness-tracker
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Have the Vivofit2 and love it. Very accurate step counter and the GarminConnect software is very easy to sync with MFP