I am a chimichurri addict!!

Options
bwhitty67
bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
fe4ovhio1yif.jpeg
6bkibery9kyc.jpeg

My love for this stuff is outta control:). I'll pop it in the recipe builder to see what the stats are. But it is so amazing on about everything ❤️

Replies

• bwhitty67
    Options
    It's 34 calories per tablespoon
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll give this a try! Looking for a dip for a cold veggie platter for a kids party
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love chimmichurri, I'll give it a go. Thanks!
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love chimmichurri as well, I am eager to give it a try.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I use it on portabello fajitas. So good! soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/portobello-fajitas.html

Portabella+Fajitas.JPG
  • bwhitty67
    Options
    @dklibert what do you put in your recipe?
  • bwhitty67
    Options
    Thanks I'll give this a try! Looking for a dip for a cold veggie platter for a kids party

It is spicy depending on the jalapeno... just an FYI :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I first heard about chimichurri from @Alatariel75 about 6 months ago when you bought some from Aldi (IIRC).

I had loads of parsley in the garden so I looked up the recipe and made a batch.

I became an addict like the OP!

I had it on fish, with sides of veg & potatoes/risotto. This became my staple meal for a few weeks.

Soooo good!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    bwhitty67 wrote: »
    @dklibert what do you put in your recipe?

Chimichurri

3/4 of a large bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, washed, stemmed and dried
    1/4 of a large bunch of cilantro, washed, stemmed and dried
    8 cloves of garlic, peeled
    3 tablespoons minced onion
    5 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, or more to taste
    5 tablespoons water
    1 teaspoon coarse salt
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes, or to taste
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Finely chop the parsley and garlic in the food processor. Add the onion, vinegar, water, salt, oregano, pepper flakes, and black pepper and processing brief bursts until the salt crystals are dissolved. Add the oil in a thin stream. Don't over process; the chimichurri should be fairly coarse. Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

I first heard about chimichurri from @Alatariel75 about 6 months ago when you bought some from Aldi (IIRC).

I had loads of parsley in the garden so I looked up the recipe and made a batch.

I had it on fish, with sides of veg & potatoes/risotto. This became my staple meal for a few weeks.

Soooo good!

Yes! I finally ran out of the aldi stuff so making my own would be great!
  • bwhitty67
    Options
    It's so easy to make and I know the ingredients I'm adding..... Yum yum
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just made the recipe from the top and served it over some grilled chicken, roasted peppers and brown rice. Outstanding flavour!!! Thanks! The rest is in a mason jar in the fridge but I might have to sneak a spoonful later.
  • bwhitty67
    Options
    Chris_2013 wrote: »
    I just made the recipe from the top and served it over some grilled chicken, roasted peppers and brown rice. Outstanding flavour!!! Thanks! The rest is in a mason jar in the fridge but I might have to sneak a spoonful later.

Glad you liked it! It's so addicting and great on everything.... It's amazing on eggs in the morning or whenever you eat them
  • Big5BigChange
    Big5BigChange Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love it too OP. Nothing better with BBQ meat. I originally discovered it via Valentine Warner's recipe:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/barbecuedsirloinwith_91627

But afterwards have found that slinging together nearly any amounts of the same ingredients has tasted good!!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I just made chimichurri this week to serve over pork tenderloin. By the end of the meal I was just dipping everything on my plate in it...

My favorite thing to serve it with is a flank steak cooked medium rare, sliced thinly, with roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus, crusty bread and a nice malbec...
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I am also a chimichurri addict. I usually make it to go with steak, but I use the leftovers on everything - pork chops, chicken, roasted potatoes, rice, ANYTHING. I've tried different recipes but my favourite so far is the one from an America's Test Kitchen cookbook I have. I will try your recipe sometime to see how it compares!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Soooo good!

Yes! I finally ran out of the aldi stuff so making my own would be great!

This is the recipe I used:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/68003/chimichurri-sauce/?mxt=t06dda
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Bump to save
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I just made chimichurri this week to serve over pork tenderloin. By the end of the meal I was just dipping everything on my plate in it...

My favorite thing to serve it with is a flank steak cooked medium rare, sliced thinly, with roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus, crusty bread and a nice malbec...

Ohhhh YESssssssssssssssssssssss :) its going on tonight at dinner. Except sirloin :)

Don't forget the malbec!!!