Maintaining weight

Options
Ive lost about 75 pounds, and now ive gained a few pounds back. my goal weight now is 115 and im like 125. but losing the last ten pounds is hard and nothing that I ust to do is working, and it seems like I try to eat healthy and workout but im still gaining the weight back, and im worried, any advice on what to do????

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Food scale. Weigh your food instead of using measuring cups. Chances are, you are eating more than you think without a scale. With only 10lbs, you basically have no room for error, so the scale helps with accuracy.
  • Poobear7609
    Poobear7609 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    where do I get a food scale?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    where do I get a food scale?

Walmart carries them, as do many grocery stores.
  • JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Be sure to get one that has the Tare function, weighs in grams and ounces.
  • Poobear7609
    Poobear7609 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    is it in like the kitchen section?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    is it in like the kitchen section?

Yes, it will usually be with the kitchen supplies (like spatulas and can openers).
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    A food scale is essential to lose those last 10 pounds. Measuring cups have so much room for error! At first, weigh everything solid you're eating so you can start to get a grip on the true portion sizes of those things. You'll be surprised when you start to realize how small or large some portions really are and how inconsistent the weight of individually packaged food can be. Over time, you'll get good at eyeballing portions and find you don't need to weigh items that are less calorie dense.

Another thing to consider is whether you really want to "lose 10 more pounds" or if you are actually unhappy with how you look; i.e. your size at your current weight. It might be that you don't really want to lose more pounds but that you want to firm up what you have, instead. I came to that realization myself a few years ago. At 5'3.5" and a large frame it was a lot of work to maintain 122 pounds. I added a strength training program to my running routine and it's made a huge difference. I can still wear the same clothes I was wearing at 122-125 even though my weight is bouncing between 132 and 137. I lost the underarm jiggle and you can see muscle definition in my arms and legs. I don't have any trouble maintaining this weight and can eat more while maintaining it that I could trying to maintain 122. It's definitely something for you to consider.