Zumba DVD Suggestions

Options
So I always see a bunch of posts about 30DS being superty-duper and I plan to try that starting in mid-august. However, I don't recall and can't find any threads that discuss which Zumba workout DVDs are the best. Does anyone have any opinions?

Replies

• Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Id like to know this myself!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have heard the Zumba Exhilerate is the best. My girlfriend has it and she also goes to classes. Loves it.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set by Zumba Fitness. Got it used, so I don't have the sticks that come with it, but I use 3lb weights & works great! I like having the 20 minute option for busy days & that there are different workouts for cardio & toning, etc.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've got the first 2 dvd sets, and they are ok, but they don't compare to the classes. That said, all the classes are different. Some are very latin, some more hip-hop. I've only had one bad instructor, a few that were ok, and several that are blast. It's always a better workout than the cds. There are lots of drop-in classes, and the most expensive one I go to is still only $8. I'm lucky to have a class nearby taught by 2 amazing high-energy hot male instructors, it's truly a party and the best workout ever. I have so much fun. I'm drenched at the end but would go on for another hour they would keep going. Go to zumba.com and click on "find a class".
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set by Zumba Fitness. Got it used, so I don't have the sticks that come with it, but I use 3lb weights & works great! I like having the 20 minute option for busy days & that there are different workouts for cardio & toning, etc.

I don't personally have the zumba dvd set by Zumba fitness but I have borrowed the 20 min quick workout.....I really like it!!
    I also have a couple hip - hop dvd's that I use occasionally along w/a cd of songs from when I took classes (I can remember most of the rountine & make up the rest...lol)
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've got the first 2 dvd sets, and they are ok, but they don't compare to the classes. That said, all the classes are different. Some are very latin, some more hip-hop. I've only had one bad instructor, a few that were ok, and several that are blast. It's always a better workout than the cds. There are lots of drop-in classes, and the most expensive one I go to is still only $8. I'm lucky to have a class nearby taught by 2 amazing high-energy hot male instructors, it's truly a party and the best workout ever. I have so much fun. I'm drenched at the end but would go on for another hour they would keep going. Go to zumba.com and click on "find a class".

I would love to do a regular class, but with my super busy sports schedule (4 volleyball leagues, two biking days, one ultimate frisbee day, etc) I need something that I can fit into my current schedule and something I only have to pay for once.

I'll look into those first two. I'm still kinda hoping for a "30DS"esque reply where everyone is like "OMG! YOU HAVE TO TRY ZUMBA SO AND SO!" :)
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    anyone done both Zumba and Turbo Fire? I love Turbo and the dancy aspect of it and thought Zumba would be a good thing to try when I'm done but I've heard its not as intense.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii, I love the Zumba for Wii.
  • Dornroschen
    Options
    anyone done both Zumba and Turbo Fire? I love Turbo and the dancy aspect of it and thought Zumba would be a good thing to try when I'm done but I've heard its not as intense.

I might need intense - I'll have to look into Turbo Fire! Does it focus on the hips and so forth? That's what I was interested in Zumba for mostly...plus the fact that it's dancing, I might not notice I'm working out as much.
  • Neen
    Neen Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't have Zumba on DVDs.... but I do have Zumba for the Wii, and I love it!!! However, a word of caution.... When using the Zumba for the Wii, be very careful b/c the carpet will hurt your knees..... Believe me I know! LOL

I take Zumba classes and love them!!!! :)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I used to take the classes until the instructor quit :frown:
    I LOVED going to Zumba:sad:
    I truely miss it!!!

Zumba is a great workout....you don't even realize you are working out
    The class ends & you wonder where the time went.

I would highly recommend if you get a chance to take a class....
    you more than likely won't be disappointed~ :smile:
  • Dornroschen
    Options
    Again...would love to take classes, but my schedule doesn't permit it. How about a DVD suggestion that is most like a class? It looks like those two sets are super expensive and it looks like they're the only two out there....