garcinia cambogia

Options
Anyone tried it? What was your experience with it? For those you havent tried it, What are your thoughts on it?

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It's snake oil. Don't buy it because it won't do a damn thing.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Considering its a fruit native to Indonesia I doubt many will have tried it in its true form. If you are referring to the capsule form, scientific studies found that it has none of the weight loss qualities that manufactures attribute to it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Is that nonsense still around? Pure junk.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It was Dr Oz's biggest money spinner a few years back. He made lots of money. Others lost lots of money. That's pretty much all they lost.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I tried it years ago because I saw it on Dr. Oz. It didn't do ANYTHING for me. Save your money, have portion control and log what you eat.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Also if you're on psych meds this can react VERY badly with them. I did some research bc a friend was taking it and i was worried about her. My fears were valid.
  • kittyy250
    kittyy250 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It put me in hospital.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried it? What was your experience with it? For those you havent tried it, What are your thoughts on it?

Waste of money. And, to cut to the chase, the only thing that causes weight is a calorie deficit.
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    yes....did nothing
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Tried it.. Waste of money and time. It was just as useless as:

Green coffee bean extract
    Green tea
    Raspberry ketones

and other over the counter "weight loss pills and potions" that i can't remember the names of anymore.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yeah I got sacked in by it, fortunately I only wasted my money, some people suffered far more.