Down 37 lbs in 230 days!

Options
maidengirl_
maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
edited August 2016 in Success Stories
Hi all! I felt it was time to share my story.

Little bit about me. I'm 5'5, 26 y/o female. I found myself gaining a massive amount of weight right around the end of 2013 due to a million crazy things happening all at once. Life hit me hard with the end of a relationship, job loss, no income, and my only car got totaled out all within a month of each other. I put on about 40 pounds because I got really depressed about my finances, lack of job prospects, and the future looked bleak. I tried losing weight in the past by joining programs like Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc as well as meeting with a personal trainer. Nothing worked and I thought I was just destined to be fat. It wasn't until I had my annual physical sometime in 2015 and my physician told me I was considered Class I obese and pre-diabetic that things started to really set in. Diabetes and obesity runs in my family. I was unknowingly eating like 3,000 to 5,000 cals a day. I couldn't believe I had let myself go.

I started this journey in December 2015 tipping the scale at 191 lbs which was my heaviest weight. I was stunned. Frustrated. Confused. That scale had to be lying. But no, it was me...Let's be real. I started walking and bought a treadmill. First days were hard because I could not walk or run for long periods without getting winded. My body ached. I had no fitness background. I just felt like giving up. But I didn't. Not this time. Invested in a food scale, fitness DVDs, and started doing those...Jillian Micheals, Beachbody. Got frustrated when the scale barely moved. Changed those eating habits...limited my fast food intake. The weight began to drop off slowly then gradually. I'm happy to report that in 230 days, I have lost 37 pounds and I'm not done yet. My goal weight is 140 lbs and I believe I can and will reach this by the end of the year. This journey has not been easy. I had days where I wanted to just give up because it was so hard and my motivation wavered a bit when I felt like I wasn't losing weight. What a difference 7 months can make! I feel amazing. I have so much energy and I can do so much more. I can run 2 miles in 25 minutes now when at first I could barely move 10 steps without feeling uncomfortable and winded. But I had to learn to love that burn because pain is temporary but quitting lasts forever.

SW: 191
CW: 154
GW: 140

Chest: 37>34
Waist: 38.5>31
Hips: 45>43

US pant size: 16>8/10
US shirt size: XL>Small/Med

vpofcmuxgpxu.pngwoktm8y6yo6r.pngqcrkl2m4lpoh.png

Replies

• Stormsmum2013
    Stormsmum2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow...:)
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well done !
  • casmith731
    casmith731 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! You have such a great attitude. It's so nice to see someone succeeding and happy in life. Enjoy your success- and thanks for sharing!
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats
  • WaterWoman1
    WaterWoman1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    great story! You're an inspiration!
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    "But I had to learn to love that burn because pain is temporary but quitting lasts forever." - Excellent summary! I need to post that on every surface I see. Thanks for your story.
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    you look great girl! I hope to do this! #goals!
  • mbryant322
    mbryant322 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    awesome job! very inspiring for me especially since my heaviest was 190. I'm currently down to 184. Just keep swimming! :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! You are looking so much smaller.. way to go!!! :)
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done an amazing job!
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    mbryant322 wrote: »
    awesome job! very inspiring for me especially since my heaviest was 190. I'm currently down to 184. Just keep swimming! :)

It gets easier trust me. Once you figure out your body and what works for you, that weight is going to just slide off! I remember being so frustrated when I hit the 180s because I was like OMG I need to get out of this weight bracket. I was in the 180s for about 9-10 weeks. But after a while, I just had to realize that this was a journey and not a race and that while I was still "overweight" I was making the necessary changes to correct this. Anyway I really appreciate all the positive feedback! Thank you all! This community is so inspiring and really motivates me to see this through to the end no matter what. You are your own cheerleader but you are also your own worst enemy. Be the change that you seek and the rest is background noise :)
  • JPH128
    JPH128 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Maidengirl, send me a friend request. I can learn from ya!!!!

Your story is soooo amazing!!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look so good-way to go!! Thanks for sharing-very inspiring!!
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amazing, we have a similar journey! Great job! And yes you should be so proud of your new discipline! Keep it up
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @maidengirl_ You look amazing and I know you must feel it too. You've come so far. Good luck to you on the rest of your journey. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!