Thrive

How many have tried and what are your thoughts??

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    It's MLM snakeoil.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't use their "main" products, because it's really just vitamins and protein shake...but I do use some of their supplemental products. I really like their Form, which is a collagen protein gel. It's the only brand I've tried that doesn't make me sick to my stomach, and it helps me recover from a heavy lifting session much faster (I have lupus and fibro so recovery sometimes takes me much longer than the average person). I also use their "Move" which is another sublingual gel that also helps with inflammation and joint pain. It's got similar ingredients to NSAIDS, but once again, is easier on my stomach. And considering I have chronic pain diseases, the less pills I have to take that have negative side effects, the better. I have tried the other products in the past, and didn't really see any benefit from them. As far as weight loss/wellness/whatever they claim to do, I wouldn't fall for it. I had taken the "Move" ingredients to my rheumatologist prior to trying and he thought it could be beneficial for my inflammation and aide in lessening my doses of some of my meds, and that's really the only reason I use it. And as far as "Form"...you can buy collagen protein supplements for much cheaper, but you just need to find one that you can stomach/handle the taste of. For me, theirs didn't make me hurl, and I like the benefits of that sort of supplement, so that's the one I use. Like any MLM product though, their main product line is very over-hyped.

Edit to add that you can find collagen protein on the market for much cheaper than their brand also.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Pretty sure Thrive is plant fertiliser where I live, so no, I haven't tried it.
  • buckeye213
    buckeye213 Posts: 52 Member
    I have only tried the 3 day sample pack I do think it provides me with more energy I know it contains a lot of caffeine so this explains that, but I am willing to try it for the eight weeks and see where it goes. Not really doing it for weight loss that I need to handle myself by tracking every day and sticking to a better and healthier diet of proteins and vegetables.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    I know my friends who have tried it and then try to get every person they come in contact with to try and buy it from them are as annoying as hell. Plus you look stupid with that patch on your arm.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    buckeye213 wrote: »
    I have only tried the 3 day sample pack I do think it provides me with more energy I know it contains a lot of caffeine so this explains that, but I am willing to try it for the eight weeks and see where it goes. Not really doing it for weight loss that I need to handle myself by tracking every day and sticking to a better and healthier diet of proteins and vegetables.

If you aren't doing it for weight loss and realize that you need to transfer and eat healthier than why would you waste money on 8 weeks of that stuff?
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    I have lots of people I know who love it, but some of them seem like they're addicted to it. Several post when they didn't take it for a day they just couldn't manage. No idea why I'd want to start on something that made me feel like that.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Been there, done that, lost a lot of weight. Stopped using it, gained it all back. I will say, the vitamin/nutrient portion of the products is great. I had the best checkup (full panel, nutients, hormones, cholesterol, etc.) of my adult life while using that product. But, it was expensive. I don't use it now, mainly because I quit caffeine.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Oh, I assumed this was about the faddish online market: https://thrivemarket.com/giftbox/cocohome
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Oh, I assumed this was about the faddish online market: https://thrivemarket.com/giftbox/cocohome

I too thought of the online market. If its the diet pills I wouldn't bother. I would compare this one to Plexus.