Back at it! 34 and READY to take charge of my life!

Options
My name is Jackie and I am back at it again. I was on here a while back but gave up. This time I am not going to quit! My first goal is 10 pounds...gotta start somewhere! I am a busy mom of 5 from ages 2 to 11. Finding time to exercise was always where I fell short and night time snacking/eating. I'm currently 210. My ultimate goal is 75 pounds. Please say hello, friend me, and help keep me accountable. I need all the back up I can get!! Thanks! And best of luck to all of you!! tmgiaivwdky5.jpeg

Replies

• ashbar9915
    ashbar9915 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jackie! We have similar goals! I'm currently at 220, trying to get down somewhere between 130 and 150, so somewhere between 70-90 lbs to lose. What is your plan? Are you just counting calories or do you have specific diet/exercise in my mind? Adorable baby by the way :D
  • 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    you can do this! I have a similar ultimate weight loss goal (215-140ish)
  • jhschwindt85
    jhschwindt85 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My name is Jackie and I am back at it again. I was on here a while back but gave up. This time I am not going to quit! My first goal is 10 pounds...gotta start somewhere! I am a busy mom of 5 from ages 2 to 11. Finding time to exercise was always where I fell short and night time snacking/eating. I'm currently 210. My ultimate goal is 75 pounds. Please say hello, friend me, and help keep me accountable. I need all the back up I can get!! Thanks! And best of luck to all of you!! tmgiaivwdky5.jpeg

Hi Jackie!! :)
    First off, let me just say you look fabulous! Very beautiful! I love this picture of you! I am almost 31 (in November) and have 3 kids. I am about 210 lbs too. I am trying to get down to like 145 (my perfect weight). Best of luck on losing weight/being fit! I have been hula hooping, walking on the treadmil and doing sit ups & stretches. So far, I have only lost 10 lbs, but I am sure the rest will fall off soon enough.
    I am thinking about cheating... I had my doctor prescribe me some weight loss pills to help me in my journey. I will start taking them on Friday. Hopefully they work. I am going to take before and after pictures to see how it goes.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and wish you the best! Hope we can motivate eachother and help eachother along this journey.

Have a good day! :)

JHS
  • JChadwick22
    JChadwick22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you beautiful ladies for your encouragement!! I look forward to us all being able to help motivate each other!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie! I'm Jacquelyn :) I am 220 lbs and haven't been able to lose weight since having a baby 6 months ago. I need to get it in gear! I'll add you as a friend!
  • JChadwick22
    Options
    Hi Jacquelyn!! Thanks for adding me!! I look forward to helping keep you motivated!
  • sunny_girl_tls
    sunny_girl_tls Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie! I'm Tonya. I am 230 lbs currently and can totally relate to the busy mom life. I have 4 kids, although mine are between the ages of 9 and 16. I would love to be your support buddy! We can do this! I'll send you a friend request.
  • onxystare
    onxystare Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi Jackie! You look great! I also want to lose 75 lbs. Night time snacking is the worse!! I found snacking on fruit at night to be helpful. It satisfies the compulsion to eat, but with better results! Good luck!!
  • JChadwick22
    Options
    Thank you so much Onyx! I have had a bad habit of ice cream in the evening so that craving was strong on day 1! I had a yogurt tonight after dinner with some fruit in it to tame the sweet tooth. It seemed to work! I'm going to friend request you so we can keep each other motivated!
  • morgane81
    morgane81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi There!
    I'm Morgan. I have a 4 mo old and 3.5 year old, both boys. I have never been a healthy weight. I feel like I'm going to stick with the eating plan this time. I haven't been successful at long term healthy eating before. I'm 198 and would like to be 140. My first week back on MFP is complete and I did lose a lb. I noticed that I'm eating my biggest "meal" after my kids are asleep. I have to spread out my calories more instead of being hungry all day so I can pig out at night. Love that picture of you by the way!
  • JChadwick22
    Options
    Thank you Morgan! Best of luck to you! You can do it!
  • MamaDarcie
    MamaDarcie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie,
    I'm Darcie. Welcome back! I'm back as well, for the 2nd time. I have a 3yr old daughter a 6yr old son and full time job, so I know all about the lack of time. I've been going to the gym after the kids are in bed has been working for me. My goal is to loose 100lbs, but really just to be healthy and be a good role model for my kids. So far I've lost 14lbs.
  • JChadwick22
    Options
    Hi Darcie! 14 lbs is great!! Keep up the good work!!
  • richimcgee
    richimcgee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Jackie best of luck to you, you can do this, I'm also 34 and am just finally holding myself accountable for what I put into my body, keeping the good foods in and staying away from the processed refined yummies is the hardest thing, but since you've been through child birth..I'm sure you can handle it!
  • shurst19
    shurst19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Shannon and I am in the same boat. I am the mom of three, ages 8 to 3. I was at my highest of 198 and now down to 185. It's not easy, but we can all do it!! I am a preschool teacher so it's always hard to resist those birthday lunches with your students and cookies they bring you. But I know this is the path I need to be on to be a better version of me. Best of luck to you all and feel free to add me for your motivation partner!!
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Roger I'm 216, now trying to get to 169, I'm trying this app to help control food intake, also working out with T25, good luck, please don't give up !!
  • swkministry
    swkministry Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey mother of 3 looking to lose total of 30lbs. Feel free to add me
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Saw your post, would love to be friends. I started at 201 and now down to 181. At least 40 more pounds to lose. I'm on most days.
  • umiquet
    umiquet Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I cant imagine trying to find the time with 5 little ones, I dont even have kids yet and I feel like I dont have the time! What an inspiration! If you can find time I literally I have no excuse! Best of luck to you, I want to lose a good 60+LBS myself so I will add you and try to share any new info I find along my journey as well!