Ketogenic

Options
I am! I've only just started but already feeling it! Been a week now and I don't think I've ever felt so good before!

Replies

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I was just the opposite when I tried it. Felt like total crap, which is typical (See: Keto Flu). My athletic performance went to shite as well. Went back to a normal, low calorie diet, resolved itself in a day or two.
  • christenamiller
    christenamiller Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been researching it heavily and not sure if I want to go there or not.
    Right now I'm restricting calories and trying to eat about 40% protein, 35% fat, 25% carbs. Do the good results outweigh the bad side effects?
  • StevenWayneNorrid
    StevenWayneNorrid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got into keto last couple days. Side effects were not that bad and some of the effects are from sugar addiction. I still have soreness in my body. Today i have more get up and go even with the soreness. I noticed wile working last night my sweat has the ammonia smell to it which is a by product of keto process. More sodium helps with the Keto flu a lot. I have lost 4-5 pounds in just last few days and inches along with it. I still have gains in arms from light lifting. I also have to force my self to eat at this point. I feel full with no need or want to snack or eat.

I take in a max of 30 carbs with my norm 17-25 and that's more good carbs then bad carbs.
  • mihai_vuurwerk
    mihai_vuurwerk Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been researching it heavily and not sure if I want to go there or not.
    Right now I'm restricting calories and trying to eat about 40% protein, 35% fat, 25% carbs. Do the good results outweigh the bad side effects?

Looks like you're eating too much proteins.

As for the results, depends on what you're aiming for. If you want to lose a couple of pounds really quick then low/no carb is definitely the way to go because of the water weight you lose. No carb ingestion means that you'll body resorts to it's glycogen stores. Which are bound to a lot of water.

If you're trying to maintain muscle mass, you should go for low fat, since your carb intake won't be that low the body will break down less of protein.

If You intend to follow your diet for a period longer than a year, most studies conclude there's virtually no difference between low carb and low fat, so you can do whatever.

• jbrady574
    jbrady574 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi ketogenic how's you
  • two_sheds_jackson
    two_sheds_jackson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the feeling good! I find my energy levels go way up after I get past the flu. I don't get that dizzy, hangry feeling around 3:00pm like I used to, either (and that was while I wasn't even on a diet!).
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    As much as I love fats and protein, I love carbs too much to reduce em so significantly. Who knows maybe I'll try this Keto thing out for a week too, see how I feel.