The fattest plates leave the deepest scars...

Options
2»

Replies

• rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I struggle with throwing away leftovers all the time. I have recently started to have more strength to do it...

Better in the garbage than on my hips!!!
  • grahamckas88
    grahamckas88 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the same issue. I have to keep reminding myself that it is better to "waste" the food than to "waist" the food! :)
  • Bartleyk11
    Bartleyk11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have always struggled with this also. It was so ingrained in me to finish what was on my plate, then I had even extrapolated that to the whole table. If my kids didn't finish their meals....I would clean their plates up as well.. Eat until it's ALL gone - was always my motto. It's still very difficult for me to let food go to waste. But I am improving. Taking smaller portions to start with, is my best defense.
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    [grahamckas88 - "I struggle with the same issue. I have to keep reminding myself that it is better to "waste" the food than to "waist" the food! :)"]

If only my teachers had told me that homophones could be so useful in fitness....
    From now on, I will blame her for my fat.
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the same issue. I have to keep reminding myself that it is better to "waste" the food than to "waist" the food! :)

Genius ;D

Much better and more succinct than the way I said it :D
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have dealt with this issue also. Along with working on the guilt and learning to throw things out I use other tricks. For example, I do not go out to eat alone and I either share a plate with someone or give someone part of my dish or put some in a doggy bag. And speaking of a doggy bag I have a dog that helps out here and there. (I know, I know human food probably shouldn't go to a dog :) Another example, I bring my leftoevers to family and friends. My dad is always happy to see me bring him food for his lunch. Also, I have a very skinny daughter (5'5" 102 pounds) who helps me out.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    amen