What did you have for lunch?

Options

Replies

• rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Homemade pizza with marinara sauce, onions, bacon, jalapenos and cheese. I like to make homemade pizza crust on the weekends and store them in the freezer. They make lunch so easy. I just look in the fridge and see what we have to put on them. Last week we didn't have marinara so we just had cheese, fresh tomatoes, pepperoni and banana peppers on top. It was so good.

Cauliflower crust??
    http://damndelicious.net/2016/07/13/best-cauliflower-pizza-crust/
  • rebel_26
    Options
    Yes at in the US question
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    A grilled salmon fillet with spicy honey sauce (two tablespoons honey, one teaspoon habanero pepper sauce=oooooooh yeah) and a banana with peanut butter.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Chicken Wings, chicken wings,,hot dogs and baloney B)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Homemade pizza with marinara sauce, onions, bacon, jalapenos and cheese. I like to make homemade pizza crust on the weekends and store them in the freezer. They make lunch so easy. I just look in the fridge and see what we have to put on them. Last week we didn't have marinara so we just had cheese, fresh tomatoes, pepperoni and banana peppers on top. It was so good.

Cauliflower crust??
    http://damndelicious.net/2016/07/13/best-cauliflower-pizza-crust/

I make a traditional pizza crust with my bread maker. Bread flour, olive oil, sugar, Italian seasoning,salt, yeast and water. So simple and so good. I make individual sizes and cook them on the grill. It makes a great base for any type of pizza.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Bocconcini and tomato salad followed by a chocolate Good For Life powerbar. The place I work has a great lunch program so I am often able to get delicious, interesting salads that I would never make for myself at home; this was one of them. The Good For Life powerbar pretty much tastes like *kitten* but has no artificial sweeteners and a great calorie/protein/sugar ratio. It is evidence that I'm getting better at thinking of food as units of energy to fuel my body instead of eating emotionally, when I'm bored or to satisfy my appetite.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    Today's lunch chuck pot roast with carrots and red potatoes . Per mfp it's 445 calories 22.7g fat 29.2 g carbs, sugars 6g , 41.8 G protein. f0d02fdfy5of.jpeg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Pork Fried Rice.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake and ice cream. lol
  • rebel_26
    Options
    lunch of champions right up there ^^
  • GymRatSF
    Options

In my defense it was homemade protein cheesecake. Does that make it better or worse?
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A Lean Cuisine. The white cheddar mac & cheese one with a packet of Taco Bell hot sauce mixed in. Normally I make lunches to bring to work but was too tired last night to make anything. I always keep a few Lean Cuisines on hand for just such an occasion.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    GymRatSF wrote: »

In my defense it was homemade protein cheesecake. Does that make it better or worse?

in that case you get a pass lol. Protein cheescake eh? Post that recipe I am curious. I found this online...it looks pretty good actually especially if you have a sweet tooth.

http://www.builtlean.com/2013/01/23/protein-cheesecake-recipe/
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine and it was pretty boring!
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Less than 5 bites of kielbasa, and then it was tossed. A 100 calorie granola bar was next... and water.
  • grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Crepe with bananas, rasp, strawberries and provolone cheese.

slobyerqx7vk.jpeg

Wow - I'm so jealous!!!!!! We live in the middle of NOWHERE - my lunch choices are McDonald's; whatever the local restaurant throws in the deep-fryer (yuck); leftovers (if any) from dinner last night; or a Slimfast Meal Replacement Shake. Today I had leftover salad with salmon from last night's dinner.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    part of a chicken breast - 50/50 mix greens with blueberries and strawberry poppyseed dressing
  • GymRatSF
    Options
    GymRatSF wrote: »

in that case you get a pass lol. Protein cheescake eh? Post that recipe I am curious. I found this online...it looks pretty good actually especially if you have a sweet tooth.

http://www.builtlean.com/2013/01/23/protein-cheesecake-recipe/

That is almost identical to mine and may have been what I started with. I have made adjustments for my own likes. More protein powder makes it dryer. I have been using syntha-6 strawberry milkshake protein powder.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    burger and fries