Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    This sounds so good! I need to go and get myself some string cheese!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jersey0725
    jersey0725 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    They tasted pretty good! Much better than "string" string cheese. But why did mine turn brown on the top instead of the edges first?
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Ok I am sold. I love cheese and miss it. My favorite kind is the kind that is crisp, great example, what we pick off pizza.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Ooh! I have some mini babybels that I could probably just slice real thin and do this with.... may try it this afternoon! Thanks!
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    Options
    Wow that does sound and look delish!!! I love cheese. What temp do you set your oven for so they melt, get crispy but don't burn?
  • twinsX3
    twinsX3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yummy. I will definitely try this.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Wow that does sound and look delish!!! I love cheese. What temp do you set your oven for so they melt, get crispy but don't burn?

I do 350F for 8-12 minutes. Keep a close eye on it.
  • RebelBrew
    RebelBrew Posts: 55
    Options
    Ive been doing this for years with all kinds of cheese I use a non-stick pan on the stove with low to medium low heat
  • debbie225
    debbie225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Made these tonight. Delish! Thanks for sharing.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try this now...thanks for the recipe
  • snowbunnies
    Options
    Bump! I <3 Cheese - Will definitely have to try this!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • jackieelizabeth
    jackieelizabeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hey everyoneee... i recently read you can do this with pepperoni as well. Get a good healthy peporoni rod and cut it into slices and cook til crispy (oven/microwave). I haven't tried it yet but i make homemade potato and sweet potato chips the same way ( use a veggie peeler to get the slices nice and thin and spray pam and salt) They are to die for! and surprisingly very healthy ;) a whole med. sized regular potato makes only 150 calories worth of chips!! I may never eat regular fattening chips again. They are the perfect "crunch" for healthy dieters who miss junk food. yayy!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I recently tried out an idea I read online for cheese "chips." The basic idea is that you cut low-fat string cheese strips into disks and bake until melted into a crispy chip.

I take 60 calorie mozzarella string cheese and cut it into about 1cm thick pieces, place on a baking sheet with tin foil sprayed with Pam, and bake for 10 minutes at 350F. (Experiment with your own oven's temps!)

It's basically like the crispy melted cheese you peel off the edges of a pizza slice. I don't even need a plate, I just let the foil cool and use the foil as my plate!
    So funny, I saw this recipe and was just writing down my shopping list to get this cheese. It sounds so good.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love "burnt" cheese!!!! SOLD!!!
  • aandasmommy
    aandasmommy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing!