How and where to start?

Options
I need to lose at least 30lbs to get back to my prepegnancy weight. Does anyone know any easy diets to follow for busy people? I barely have time to cook. I'm trying to start somewhere at least, something easy to follow.

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Just eat less than you burn. It doesn't need to be anything special. However, are you breastfeeding? It is recommended not to go into too drastic of a calorie deficit to maintain milk levels. If not, then just enter your info into MFP and follow the calorie guideline. You don't need any special diet or foods. You can eat what you always have, just less of it.
  • chels41292
    chels41292 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm not breast feeding, wasn't making enough. But, I just get so busy that I end up ordering out or going to the drive through. Also making food is hard for me to track on MFP, I never know what I add because I usually go by taste. Lately, I've been watching cooking videos to maybe try to cook lighter and healthier though. Going by your calorie intake does actually work then?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    chels41292 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm not breast feeding, wasn't making enough. But, I just get so busy that I end up ordering out or going to the drive through. Also making food is hard for me to track on MFP, I never know what I add because I usually go by taste. Lately, I've been watching cooking videos to maybe try to cook lighter and healthier though. Going by your calorie intake does actually work then?

Yes, your intake is all that matters. You could eat fast food every meal, but as long as you are in a deficit, you will lose weight. Don't fall trap to any of the fad diets or myths like sugars causes you to gain weight (just an example). I lost 20lbs by still eating things like fast food or take out, but just made sure I tracked calories in order to stay in a deficit. The only exercise I had then was walking as well, so nothing extreme.