What's your favorite low-cal alcoholic drink?

Options
I guess I'm not too adventurous with my drinks because I always order/make the same thing. Either vodka tonic or a shot of vodka with crystal light. I love a good wine or craft beer (Cake Walk by Right Brain is magic in a bottle, btw) but lately I've been trying to keep my drink calories down.

Any suggestions??

Replies

• sophnickaly
    sophnickaly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not very creative but I enjoy some of the skinny girl drinks. I add a lot of ice.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Wine spritzers?
  • janetsilver31
    janetsilver31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Vodka with diet tonic
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Pure blond beer - 92 cals/330ml
    And I usually alternate with a no-cal (no-alc!) sparkling water. In a tall glass with ice, lemon and a straw it's a nice option to have when I'm out at the pub and the mister is having another beer.
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sugar free ginger beer with a little vodka and fresh lime juice.. Or Veev Acai with diet ginger ale
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sparkling wine or proceco. Roughly 500 calories in a bottle. Lasts me all weekend!
  • pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    if your going to drink- stick to shorts
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda, the only calories are from the vodka. Actually what I drink generally.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    im rubbish at this, I start with good intention and log the calories of a bottle of wine and maybe a few strawberry pimms and diet lemonade......all good.

UNTIL the night gets going and iv drank the wine and then think mmmm a nice cold larger would be lovely, oh yer a few vodkas and diet coke wont hurt, oh oh oh tia maria.......ooooooooomore wine

and before I know iv had a weeks worth of calories and Im eating cold chicken and bread :/
  • stellar222
    stellar222 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Diet 7up & Gin. I don't drink diet soda ever so on a weekend night I drink this combo. No good.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Jameson.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I typically drink vodka and diet soda. Any diet soda.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Dry red wine usually runs 120ish.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    My summertime drink is to take some diet sprite, add a shot of coconut infused vodka, muddle some fresh basil, mash up a little pineapple and a splash of pineapple juice, ice, stir and enjoy. Super refreshing.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,367 Member
    Options
    Whiskey or scotch on the rocks, enjoyed slowly!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Vodka with water...Vodka with lemon and water...Smirnoff makes some delicious Belini's that are somewhat lo-cal
  • MelMel1515
    MelMel1515 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I normally enjoy Jameson and soda water with a lime or lemon. However, lately I have been drinking vodka (Tito's) and Fresca.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Whiskey or scotch on the rocks, enjoyed slowly!

Precisely this. I tend to prefer either Glenlivet, or Jameson. Something about that island just makes for good whiskey.
  • johnstone682
    johnstone682 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can't drink spirits, lager wise I always opt for coors light 100 calories per can
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I kinda follow you: a short or two of real alcohol (vodka, flavored vodka, spiced rum) with a 0-calorie mixer of some sort (sparkling water; diet soda; crystal light, water with lemon).