Gaining Journey Day 1

Im so happy to see that there are many people like myself who are trying to gain weight this is going to really help me out alot ive been trying to gain weight for a long time and it just never seems to happen unless its due to pregnancy (2children) im currently 113lbs my goal is 130 i cant wait to gain ans maintain

Replies

• dreamest23
    dreamest23 Posts: 2 Member
    Any tips suggestions are welcomed and appreciated
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    It really comes down to consistently eating in a surplus. If you struggle to get calories, I would look at the below thread as it has foods and tricks to help

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

If you want to use this opportunity to gain a little muscle and minimize the amount of fat you want to gain, I would follow a structured lifting program.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • gdubb_flow
    gdubb_flow Posts: 10 Member
    Try to eat at least 4 to 5 small meals a day...when u wake up in morning eat within a hour...even if its a protein bar,Apple or anything...don't let your body get hungry...do this about a week and your body would adapt to eating...but just watch your fat intake on your foods though....Good Luck..
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    gdubb_flow wrote: »
    Try to eat at least 4 to 5 small meals a day...when u wake up in morning eat within a hour...even if its a protein bar,Apple or anything...don't let your body get hungry...do this about a week and your body would adapt to eating...but just watch your fat intake on your foods though....Good Luck..

Fat is not only calorie dense, it's very good for you. So the easiest why to increase calories is to increase fats.
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Im also on a weight gain journey! Stay motivated! Started my journey in March and my starting weigt was 114....im now 132 thanks to Apetamin and ensure plus drinks. Also eat high calorie foods. Good luck on your journey!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    eat in a calorie surplus and mix in some strength training so all your gain is not fat..

eat calorie dense foods like ice cream, cookies, bagels, pasta, etc, but make sure that you are also get adequate nutrition ...
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    gdubb_flow wrote: »

Ignore all of this "bro-science" advice. Just eat in a caloric surplus. What and when you eat does not matter
  • gdubb_flow
    gdubb_flow Posts: 10 Member
    OK....good luck in your gains journey... U will succeed...