40 lbs to go..HELP!

Options
My goal is 100lbs and ive lost 60 since april. I need help and motivation to get that 40 lbs. It seems harder to do than the 60. I log in food everyday, see a dietitian, exercise 3 days a week, and use my scale.

Replies

• gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    wow, well done so far. that's a huge amount to lose. it does get harder the more you've lost. keep doing what you're doing and it'll happen. are you still seeing losses?
  • umiquet
    umiquet Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bggirl27 wrote: »
    My goal is 100lbs and ive lost 60 since april. I need help and motivation to get that 40 lbs. It seems harder to do than the 60. I log in food everyday, see a dietitian, exercise 3 days a week, and use my scale.

Great job on the progress so far!!! I have about 60lbs to lose myself. I have recently started looking at foodbabe.com

She is an amazing blogger that talks about the importance of clean eating, every time I try her way I drop weight SO QUICK! It's crazy the type of foods we find at the grocery store that we think are healthy and really aren't!
  • bggirl27
    bggirl27 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Gillie80...little maybe a 1lb or 2, but I'm in a stand still now. I hate it.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far. You're doing really well. Can you change things around to get past the plateau -- especially change the type of exercise? I've heard the body sometimes adjusts to the same things.
  • bggirl27
    Options
    I'm gonna have to change my exercise because it's just not working :'(
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Did my alter ego write this? I also started in April. With an initial goal of 100 pounds. And am down 58 pounds.

Just starting to feel the first true wave of frustration as the losses slow. But also struggling with end of summer choices. Feeling like I'm missing out on activities with friends. Stressing how to maintain my eating habits on upcoming camping trips.

Usually I don't complain as I see friends working day in and out and not showing losses. That seems like it would be exponentially more frustrating. So I worry how it would sound whining about one week with no loss.

However, regardless of the rate and consistency of loss, it is normal for each of us to have emotional reactions to the changes in our body. We are referring among our relationships with food, friends and family as well as our bodies. The changes are not just physical and we have to allow ourselves space to adapt and grieve for all that we are losing.
  • bggirl27
    Options
    Thanks corsayre8. I'm trying new exercises or atleast attempting. I have lymphedema in legs and it's hard to lift/walk due to that. Don't we just wish we could wake up and the weight was gone!!
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It does get harder the more we lose because the weight starts coming off slower. You've already accomplished a lot. Keep going!
  • bggirl27
    Options
    Thanks aliciaberries. It is harder and frustrating to keep doing what I am doing and than see NO results.