For those of you who hate water, here are some alternatives

Options
lilRicki
lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
From Women's Health Magazine...I personally drink water with a scootch of lemon juice in it, but if you want to pay out your butt for water...here are some ideas

Six Slimming Alternatives to Bottled Water

Flavored drinking water that will enhance your weight loss diet

Water is the perfect diet drink: refreshing, plentiful, and zero calories. Too bad it puts your taste buds to sleep. But the latest bottles are spiked with everything from vitamins to protein. Some even claim to suppress hunger or boost your burn. We tested tons of flavored waters and had nutrition experts vet their claims. These six emerged as the thirst-quenching, diet-boosting champs.

Skinny Water 0 calories per 16.9-oz bottle, 6 flavors
Best for: Curing the 3 o'clock munchies
WH sipped: Raspberry Pomegranate Fruit and green-tea extracts in this antioxidant-infused water suppress appetite and promote thermogenesis, your body's natural calorie-burning process.
Tester says: "Usually I'm ravenous by dinner-time, but after drinking this, my stomach missed its standing 7 o'clock appointment to growl."

0 Water 0 calories per 20-oz bottle, 5 flavors
Best for: Rehydrating after a workout
WH sipped: Wild Berries It may not be that kind of "O," but this water's mild flavor satisfies. Plus, the electrolytes keep you hydrated in the hottest conditions.
Tester says: "Because it has flavor, I drank more and could stay on the treadmill longer."

SoBe LifeWater 0 calories per 20-oz bottle, 3 flavors
Best for: A pick-me-up
WH sipped: Fuji Apple Pear SoBe uses an FDA-approved natural sweetener made from the stevia plant, so there's no artificial aftertaste. Plus, it contains ginseng, which studies show boosts energy.
Tester says: "Like fruit, only more thirst-quenching. And it did make me feel more alert."

Special K Protein Water 50 calories per 16-oz bottle, 5 flavors
Best for: Satisfying a sweet tooth
WH sipped: Tropical Blend This drink has more calories than other waters we tested, but the five grams of protein and fiber make it more filling.
Tester says: "The super-sweet flavor helped ward off afternoon candy cravings."

Dasani Essence 0 calories per 18.5-oz bottle, 3 flavors
Best for: All-day drinking
WH sipped: Black Cherry Infused with fruit juices, this water contains no sweeteners or preservatives.
Tester says: "Nothing icky or fake about it."

Vitaminwater10 25 calories per 20-oz bottle, 4 flavors
Best for: Vitamin junkies
WH sipped: Orange The vitamins in this slimmed-down version don't have fat-busting power, but fans of the original will get the same healthy benefits with fewer calories.
Tester says: "This version may have way less sugar, but it tastes almost identical to the original."

Replies

• babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I really don't enjoy drinking water, so I don't end up drinking enough. Maybe one of these (or your lemon trick) will work! Thanks again!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I use lemon juice in my water as well and has also been proven to fight belly fat, stimulate the liver and kidneys :)
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I LOVE viatmin water.....granted, I usually mix mine with vodka, but still it is so good!
  • wanderingwest
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I tend to turn to diet pop when I am sick and tired of water! These sound like better alternatives!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    bump!

And i also love adding lemon to my water! haven't really tried any other things though besides special k20 pink lemonade, which is good but I honestly wouldn't recommend it because of the fake sugars - makes me feel crappy now when I drink it (cuz I only drink water alone or with lemon now), but I used to be obsessed with it.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    I LOVE viatmin water.....granted, I usually mix mine with vodka, but still it is so good!

haha that's awesome...I actually drink my vodka with water and a splash of bar lime...they're called skinny b!tches lol
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

haha that's awesome...I actually drink my vodka with water and a splash of bar lime...they're called skinny b!tches lol

I think I will have to try that sometime. I like my drinks a little more plain, no frills.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    sadly the only one of those alternatives i like is the lemon water, and only occasionaly... the others have 'that taste' which is the same one that gatorade and power aide and all of the flavored waters have, i just dont like it and thus refuse to drink flavored water. lol.

but i happen to like tea, green tea specifiaclly but i do like me some sun tea and normal black tea occasionally too.
  • clipsychic
    clipsychic Posts: 99
    Options
    Bump!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    sadly the only one of those alternatives i like is the lemon water, and only occasionaly... the others have 'that taste' which is the same one that gatorade and power aide and all of the flavored waters have, i just dont like it and thus refuse to drink flavored water. lol.

but i happen to like tea, green tea specifiaclly but i do like me some sun tea and normal black tea occasionally too.

yeah I don't drink flavored water either...just the lemon water...I prefer real lemon in it, but I will use the bottled juice at work. I count my all natural green tea as water too, and I have at least 16oz of it a day. Green tea is very healthy for you. Personally I hate drinking my calories period. The only time I do that is when I put almond milk in my chai tea, and that's because I'm short on calories for the day...I'd rather eat my face off and drink water, than drink 50 calories worth of aspertame and grossness lol