Pre workout energy drink

Options
2»

Replies

• wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like N.O.-Xplode. I've been using it for years. Started with the original. Then they came out with "NT" and I didn't like that. But the newest stuff is pretty good. I also use Cellmass (creatine) with it. I like the combo for building muscle.
  • QuHeCTiC24
    QuHeCTiC24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    C4 5 calories a scoop and plenty of energy. Berry Blast is a good flavor
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Take a 200mg caffeine pill. Mix 10 oz water with 1 tsp l-glutamine, 5g creatine and a little bit of gatorade powder.
  • Puravidablonde
    Puravidablonde Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the recommendations that actually answered my question!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'm still using C4 Blue Raspberry as a replacement for the massive amounts of energy drinks I used to consume. However, as a legit PWO, in my opinion, it's kind of hard to beat MusclePharm Assault. Some have tested better, but I have no experience with those.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I don't use pre-workout supplements, but looking at C4 most are just creatine, caffeine, l-arganine, vitamin c and vitamin B12. I do use a fitness powder post-workout to recover electrolytes and energy though [it has everything that C4 has besides the creatine and l-arganine] and it's a lot cheaper [10 servings for $2].
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use to take pre-workout, then resorted to coffee. Now? Nothing really, just a good meal 2 hrs prior to working out. I'll be honest, that stuff plays mental games on you. You'll find that when you don't take it, you feel like you can't make it but not true, just mind games. Now I'm doing fine with nothing but fuel from a good meal.
  • G085H173
    G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I use to take pre-workout, then resorted to coffee. Now? Nothing really, just a good meal 2 hrs prior to working out. I'll be honest, that stuff plays mental games on you. You'll find that when you don't take it, you feel like you can't make it but not true, just mind games. Now I'm doing fine with nothing but fuel from a good meal.

AGREED!! (Though, before anyone notices, I think you have dropped a little strawberry jam from your morning toast down your top. I'm sure if you change quickly no-one will be any the wiser!)