New to the group...

Options
Good Afternoon,
I am 52 years old and I have had several medical issues. The last caused me to be hospitalized for 6 months. While in rehab I realized that the most important person in my life would have to watch me die. My daughter is 17 years old deserves a better father. About 5 months ago (while still in the hospital) I took a hard look at my life. I weighed close to 600 lbs and bad knees.
I decided that I have 4 things left to live for. My daughters high school graduation, college graduation, wedding day and my grand-babies.
I started eating healthier and so far I have lost 100lbs. I have lost enough weight that walking doesn't just kill me. I started walking around my office but knew I needed more. This week I joined a gym for the first time ever. I have gone twice and took a break yesterday.
It would be SO much easier if I weren't the only fat person there...

My goal is to get to 250lbs and see how I feel. I know this is going to be a long hard road but I plan to be a kickass Grandpa!!!

#IcanIWill4me

Replies

• margo790
    margo790 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your on the right track. The most important thing is to always log in your food intake every meal and plan each meal to keep within your allowed kj limit. Drink lots of water. Gym is good. Keep going :-)
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You know what I think when I see a larger person at the gym? I think "great job. Kick *kitten*!" People of all fitness levels are in gyms and some of those studs you see in there now, may have once weighed 500 pounds. Go get 'em future stud.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    You know what I think when I see a larger person at the gym? I think "great job. Kick *kitten*!" People of all fitness levels are in gyms and some of those studs you see in there now, may have once weighed 500 pounds. Go get 'em future stud.

Exactly! Good for you. :)
  • IcanIwill4me
    IcanIwill4me Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! I really appreciate the support!!
  • rhenson520
    rhenson520 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hang in buddy. Thanks for your post. My daughter is 5 1/2 and I feel the same way you do. I'm currently at 377. It hurts to move. I'm 41 years old. My long term goal is 250 lbs too. Let's stay in touch!