Day 4 - the hardest so far

Options
I just made the first step 4 days ago and began working with my niece, who's a dietician. I've been doing a food diary as the first step. Geez I had no idea the carbs I was eating! But now that I'm becoming aware, I'm having a harder time. I was so close to blowing my diet and getting a candy infused ice cream dessert this afternoon!! Thank God I didn't. I guess reality is setting in about how hard this is going to be.. Still know it can be done, though!

Replies

• amycuz14
    amycuz14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's not easy, but it'll be worth it. Once healthy choices become habit it will be easier, but everyday is about choices. Congratulations on the first 4 days, that's great!
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Even if you stumble and eat something with too many calories or whatever, it won't blow your diet. You get to keep all the good changes you've made, and you can just do better the next day. Good luck!
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    And remember that carbs aren't the enemy - excess calories are. If you open your diary, people may be able to suggest other options for food items that will keep you full/sated/HAPPY longer so those cravings aren't as strong. You can do this!
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You definitely become more mindful of not only what you're eating, but also the type of food as well (protein, fat and/or carb related). Just when you think you have enough information, you're gonna learn something new.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) Calories count; carbs are just one of the forms calories come in. Losing and maintaining weight takes effort and commitment, but it's only as hard as you make it. Use the food diary and the forums, have an open but critical mind. You can do this :)