Protein intake increase

what is good protein for weight loss that's not too expensive and ships to Canada? With lots of protein and doesn't taste bad

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Protein will not help you loose weight.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Eggs, milk, cheese, cottage cheese, meat, beans, peanut butter, nuts.. all widely available in grocery stores and al delicious.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    Chicken, some cuts of beef, canned tuna, eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, brand, lentils, ...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    I am in Canada. All the above proteins are readily available, some even in gas stations and corner stores.
    If you are looking for protein powders and bars, they too are available in most grocery stores in Canada.

Costco has a good inexpensive selection. I like the Kaizen powder and the Smart for Life and Pure Protein bars.

They, powders and bars, are not needed for weight loss, and taste is a personal preference.
    Eat food, and use the powders and bars when you fall short in your usual diet- they aren't magic.

Cheers, h.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    cgvet37 wrote: »

This

Although if in defecit you should try to hit a minimum of 0.6-0.8g per lb bodyweight and you should definitely do some progressive resistance to maintain existing muscle

You don't need a supplement ...it is easy to eat adequate protein....egg whites, cottage cheese, chicken, meat, fish, lentils, Greek yogurt etc

What do you like to eat and how much protein are you aiming for?
  • Faythe57
    Faythe57 Posts: 6 Member
    Avoid supplements/powder unless doing A LOT of weight bearing exercise
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Faythe57 wrote: »
    Avoid supplements/powder unless doing A LOT of weight bearing exercise

I do prefer to hit my protein goals with regular food but I have to say...Why? You don't have to be weight training to take protein supplements. Supplements are for helping to reach dietary protein goals when it's difficult to do so through food alone.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    cgvet37 wrote: »

Protein is satiating and has a high TEF, so this is overstates the case. The point that should be made here is that the OP needs to create a calorie deficit, and all protein powders do is to help hit a protein goal. They do not magically help people lose weight, and they are less satisfying (and satiating) than meat.