Ready to make a real change

Options
Hi,
I just signed up and am encouraged but the success stories that I have read. I know that support is helpful when making a lifestyle change but I am ready to do it.

I would like to lose 70 (gulp) pounds. I think thats what I want to lose but my weight has been so out of control for so long that I don't really know where I would be comfortable at. I know that I just signed up and did my food diary for the day and was SHOCKED by how many calories I have consumed and haven't even really had a full meal.

I look forward to having new friends that I can come to for support. xxxxx

Replies

• skfj5
    skfj5 Posts: 70
    Options
    People are really supportive!! The first step...signing up and really LOOKING at what you're eating (no more blinders) is the first BIG step!!

Congrats and Good Luck!!
  • bomomar
    bomomar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some people to compete with in weight loss. I'm a competitive guy and figure it might be motivational to compete against others. If you want to compete please let me know. We will base standings on weight loss percentages. Each week the last place finisher will be asked to donate $5.00 to a charity of your choice. If you are interested please send me a friend invite. Weigh-in and donation is honor system. LETS GO WE CAN DO IT.
  • Natalie_Bee
    Options
    Welcome Belle! Wishing good things for you. this is an awesome place to start :)
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    Welcome! This site is super supportive and I feel like it makes me accountable too, which are the two things a lot of us need! I have recently made my diary available to keep me honest... I had more weight than you to lose (started at 248, now at 194, goal is around 165 hopefully!) but thanks in part to this site I've been able to get rid of half of it so far. Good luck, you'll do GREAT!
  • nhill2733
    nhill2733 Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome Belle! I'm new too but the people here have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome :) I know what you mean about being shocked when you start logging your food - I couldn't believe how many calories I was consuming without eating meals! I know you can do it - you've taken the first step and are on your way!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Welcome Belle. Have you thought of dividing your weight loss into smaller chunks so that you aren't thinking of the "Big" numbers? 70lbs seems alot but if you didi it in 7lb stages, 7 lbs seem much more doable and you'll be less likely to get discouraged.
    This is a great site, though. So welcome again, and any questions, just ask. We are a truly friendly bunch, if you want to "friend" me, I'm Fionat29 on here and MiniMins (another great forum for weight loss) Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Well! It took you a while but I'm so glad you finally made it here! We're gonna kick butt Texas style!!