Which weight do I log in?

Options
So I stepped on my scale today and it read 162 lbs at first, but when I stood again for a second reading, it jumped over to 169 lbs (there was like a difference of maybe a minute between the readings). Then I stood over to check again, it read 169 a few times and then suddenly reduced to 162 before jumping back up again. I'm really really confused here - is something wrong with my scale? I'm not sure which weight to log in now since there's a difference of 7 lbs.

Any help / advice is appreciated!

Replies

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Check your batteries. Keep the scale in the same place (ie, don't use it, then store it somewhere else).
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What was your last weight? I would try a diff scale and possibly buy a new one
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Place the scale on a hard flat stable surface, not carpet or tiny tiles. Be sure your weight is centered and that you stand perfectly still. Don't jump on and off the scale multiple times. Sounds like you are 169 since there was only one reading at 162 and several at 169. (sorry).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Another vote for change the batteries!
  • pawfectly
    pawfectly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Another vote for change the batteries!

I changed my batteries yesterday!
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Place the scale on a hard flat stable surface, not carpet or tiny tiles. Be sure your weight is centered and that you stand perfectly still. Don't jump on and off the scale multiple times. Sounds like you are 169 since there was only one reading at 162 and several at 169. (sorry).

Oh no - the scale showed 162 a couple of time before it suddenly jumped to 169 and then back to 162 and again at 169.
    What was your last weight? I would try a diff scale and possibly buy a new one

It was 167 as of last week! Yeah, maybe I need to get a new one :)
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Why are you torturing yourself? Step on it once, record your weight, and then don't look at it again until your next regularly scheduled weigh in.