Calorie Question.....

Options
So I am now 3 weeks in to this and doing pretty good.....other than the fact that I lost 5 pounds the first week......was back at my starting weight the second week.....and am still there my third week. I am losing inches so I know things are workin :smile: , but I was wondering how long before I should worry about the scale not moving. I guess a better way to say that is how long should I wait before I start tweaking how many calories I eat a day. I know everyone is different, but I was just wondering if there is a general idea when to do this or NOT to do this. Thanks everybody!! :flowerforyou:

123574.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So I am now 3 weeks in to this and doing pretty good.....other than the fact that I lost 5 pounds the first week......was back at my starting weight the second week.....and am still there my third week. I am losing inches so I know things are workin :smile: , but I was wondering how long before I should worry about the scale not moving. I guess a better way to say that is how long should I wait before I start tweaking how many calories I eat a day. I know everyone is different, but I was just wondering if there is a general idea when to do this or NOT to do this. Thanks everybody!! :flowerforyou:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'd say wait another week. Make sure you drink TONS of water. (i feel like that really helps!) If at the end of you week you still haven't lost, look at your calories and exercise and see if you think it is too much or too little. You could not be losing cause you are eating too much or not enough!

good luck!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well it all depends if you are weight training. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you might even gain weight if you are gaining muscle. loosing inches is what you need to worry about.
  • wizabugga
    Options
    I drink lots of water. I have a 44 ounce cup at my desk and my rule is once it's empty I have to fill it back up again. :flowerforyou: Thanks!
  • wizabugga
    Options
    Well it all depends if you are weight training. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you might even gain weight if you are gaining muscle. loosing inches is what you need to worry about.

I haven't done any weight training yet....just LOTS of cardio......Thanks!:flowerforyou: