Help... I Need to start over

Options
Hi guys.

I've been on MFP for 3 years, and lost/gained over 2 stone. I've had a baby in between.

After giving birth, I lost two stone then gained in back. Baby is nearly two now mfp stalled on cals - no loss. So I lowered to 1,000.. Nothing.

Tried sw for 10 wks - nothing but a harsh tummy.

Tried LCHF 8 weeks... Nothing!

I'm at my wits end and feeling desperate.
I need to start over again but not sure what Marcos to set?? I could let mfp decide but I'm worried it won't work.

It's like my metabolism has given up.

Im not asking for a miracle, I know I can't fix what I don't know is wrong.

General support & advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Set your goal to a weekly loss of the closest equivalent to 1% of your body weight per week. Then log correctly. Weigh everything in grams on an electronic food scale, check every entry for errors, use the recipe builder, log everything, hit your calorie goal, while eating food you like.

Exercise is good, but don't overdo it. If you eat back exercise calories, don't eat back more than 50-75% of them.

Your metabolism isn't broken, but your patience is :# Relax, focus on the large things that have an impact and that you can control: Stick to your calories, don't cheat, don't give up.

If you feel hungry or something is missing, you can look at the macros. Until then, leave the macros at MFP's default.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Have you spoke to your doctor? Maybe you need some blood work done to rule out anything that might cause you to have trouble losing.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I think you're under eating. 1200 calories is the recommended minimum. Set your goal to lose .5 lb a week and prepare for a slow loss. If you're already at a somewhat healthy weight for your body, your weight loss progress will be a slow one.
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »
    Have you spoke to your doctor? Maybe you need some blood work done to rule out anything that might cause you to have trouble losing.

I'm going to see my g.p next week to get some bloods done. I'm totally at a loss in the wrong way.
  • JennypegMarie
    Options
    Bxqtie116 wrote: »
    I think you're under eating. 1200 calories is the recommended minimum. Set your goal to lose .5 lb a week and prepare for a slow loss. If you're already at a somewhat healthy weight for your body, your weight loss progress will be a slow one.

I have like 5st to loose to be a healthy weight. I have come down 4st many yeats ago but its like my body is just stuck. I'm not even fluctuating with water weight.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Childbirth is weird and it actually can affect your metabolism. I became hypothyroid after I had my first child which the doctor diagnosed via bloodwork when I complained that I'd gained 20 lbs in a single month. I hadn't overeaten quite that much! (Well, I had, but I'd gained more than I would from a similar binge before I had my baby... you get what I mean...)

Also, see if there is anywhere you can tighten up your logging. I'm pretty good at estimating certain types of food by sight after I've weighed them a few times, but sometimes serving size does creep up on me and I need to reset my perception by weighing that thing again for a week or so.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Bxqtie116 wrote: »

I have like 5st to loose to be a healthy weight. I have come down 4st many yeats ago but its like my body is just stuck. I'm not even fluctuating with water weight.

I understand, but if you're not properly fueling your body, you won't get that far in your progress. So you have approximately 75 lbs to loose. Set your goal to lose 1-1 1/5 lbs per week and stay within that number MFP gives you. If you restrict yourself too much, your body won't burn off the excess calories. Think of your body like a car. If you're taking a road trip, you fuel up to get you as far as you can until it's time to fuel up again.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Are you using a food scale? I see you didn't reply to the suggestion to get one.

If you are not using a food scale, there's no accurate way to know what you're eating. Packaging and measuring cups are inaccurate, so you end up eating more than you think.

• JennypegMarie
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Are you using a food scale? I see you didn't reply to the suggestion to get one.

If you are not using a food scale, there's no accurate way to know what you're eating. Packaging and measuring cups are inaccurate, so you end up eating more than you think.

Yes, I weigh all food and log appropriately. Thank you for the suggestion though.