Polar Loop

Options
MrsOle_1101
MrsOle_1101 Posts: 27 Member
Where is this on mpf?! Anyone else using a polar loop?!

Replies

• MrsOle_1101
    Options
    Does everyone seriously use a fitbit?! Lost using this app with my polar loop.
  • purple51189
    purple51189 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have a polar loop, but I don't know how to sync it with myfitnesspal. Do you?
  • MrsOle_1101
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I haven't been able to figure it out unfortunately. Maybe they just don't sync. :(
  • wolf0213
    wolf0213 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar M400 and I have activated the Polar Flow app which syncs the data from the Polar devices to MFP. Hope this helps.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Why did you all choose Polar over Fitbit?
  • wolf0213
    Options
    The Polar M400 has GPS if you want to run outside and does several different types of exercises that can be programmed with Polar Flow. It looks like a watch vs a fitness tracker and does even more than the basic Fitbit and the one I purchased came with the Bluetooth H7 heart rate monitor. Having had the Fitbit One and Charge, I took them back and purchased the Polar because I felt it was better. When exercising I use it over my Apple Watch because the fitness tracking is more accurate. Hope that helps.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Thanks wolf0213!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    wolf0213 wrote: »
    The Polar M400 has GPS if you want to run outside and does several different types of exercises that can be programmed with Polar Flow.

I'd like to comment on this for a second. I went with a Garmin instead of a Polar, but this was one of the main reasons.

First, a watch is a lot easier than a phone to work with while you exercise. Hitting the start/lap/stop buttons doesn't mean fumbling in my pocket, or turning a screen on, or anything else. And I use my phone throughout the day and don't always remember to charge it at night, so having a watch with its own battery means I'm ready to exercise, and not going to kill my phone. Finally, I like having my phone on the bike in case of emergency, but I don't run very far from home so don't really need it. The last time I ran with my phone it fell out of my pocket onto the sidewalk and I had to buy a new phone.

26579079160_48021c2ae9_o_d.jpg
  • MrsOle_1101
    Options
    You do not need your phone for the polar loop either. The polar loop is a watch that comes with a heart rate monitor. So far I love how accurate it is and it works with my gym treadmills easily.

I just don't know how to sync my polar loop steps with the my fitness pal app.
  • ckwilson254
    ckwilson254 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to get the polar flow app to talk to the MFP app, right? Can you call polar for help?. I called garmin and they got me hooked up for my garmin.
  • wolf0213
    Options
    You would connect MFP to the polar flow app (web version or phone app). It can either be after a sync from the computer or the sync to an Apple device. Once you have everything connected with polar flow the steps and workout information will start to display in MFP.
  • smurfette54
    smurfette54 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Polar friend here! I had a polar loop that I liked, then I upgraded to the polar A360 which I LOVE! No GPS, but does work well. Just yesterday I thought about synching it up to MFP and read that it only works with iOS right now. But I guess wolf0213 just kind of mentioned that. I did not try really hard though to figure it out. I m just glad to see there are other polar users on here, because I was feeling like a fitbit outcast. ;)